Author Topic: Browns camp 5-24  (Read 2864 times)

Offline izzo

• NWDatsuns
Browns camp 5-24
« on: May 25, 2014, 08:27:33 AM »
Ripped around browns camp.  Was hectic.  5 guys, people kept getting split up, nobody waited when they shot off down trails...  someone got a flat, someone had their caliper lock up, got close to running out of gas....  people getting lost, split up....  Was fun when we actually got to ride on trails.

IDK what it is, but I just can not get control of my bike on those rocky ass hills.  It wants to fishtail just going down logging roads.  its quick to whip out of control. IDK what's going on...  I see others clipping along with ease, and i find myself trying to keep control of it.  chain looks straight so i don't think its an alignment issue. handlebars r straight too..

Going up the rocky stuff it bounces too much and I lose control.  Ate s**t pretty hard going up a rocky hill again... Fought it 5 times and said screw it and came back down.  I had good clutch control as alex taught me... but even then it was just to much boulders.  id get going and hit a rock planted in the ground, it'd just peel out... id go back a bit, get a better run at it, and dump it....  I do not like rocky hills... Maybe there's just something up with the bike??  I know I can't be that bad at riding lol.  I am getting the hang of looking ahead good tho, and keeping the bike in second on trails instead of first...  I clip along a little faster now, plus it lugs well and isn't up in teh power band so i don't spin the tire and loose control. 

I love my bike. It's basically a brand new bike.  Every bearing, seal, piston, ring, everything on this bike has been replaced and is brand new.  It runs effing amazing...  Lots of aftermarket parts on it too, high dollar stuff...   I'd like to try a four stroker and see how well I do on that, may throw this on craigs list.. Tho i find it super fun ripping down trails in second.  And really enjoy that power band.. I rarely hit it but s**t when i do....!!

http://youtu.be/1pAh-OdZuXQ

http://youtu.be/bHgQ1kp7lxk

Offline alward25

Re: Browns camp 5-24
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 08:39:39 AM »
next ride we will have to swap and let me dial it in better for the woods.
"Let there be light"

Offline izzo

• NWDatsuns
Re: Browns camp 5-24
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 09:40:31 AM »
For sure.

I need someone with experience to rip it down the road and trails a bit and see what's going on with it.  Probably something simple I am missing