Author Topic: fouling plugs  (Read 3413 times)

Offline staffylad

fouling plugs
« on: April 14, 2014, 02:25:49 AM »
anyone know how to stop plugs getting fouled after rebuild :roll:

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: fouling plugs
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 03:42:31 AM »
Assuming that you have to mechanical issues, correct jetting and ohm specs on your electrical.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline staffylad

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 03:51:59 AM »
jst done a top end 1 hours use on it ,pilot screw bottoms out,idol screw about halfway,after build put a new plug in fouled it then put old one back in fired up straight away,but this could be due to very clogged up silencer,it has now been cleaned out and is gonna get repacked so no oil will be leakin back into the engine,main jets been replaced,new pilot jet,and jet needle and and float onlything I haven't replaced is the outer mixture and idol screw,when I warmed it up the screws didn't seem to have any affect at all was weird,also lookin for new l/h kip for next rebuild  :lol:

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 04:03:27 AM »
What is the size of your jets?
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 04:46:48 AM »
what are you running for a fuel ratio?
filter nice and clean?
and what type and number plug are you running?
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline staffylad

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 05:30:30 AM »
jets about 45 nd 145 I think,needs on 2nd clip from top,taperd ne11 jet needle ,30:1 ratio,then I took my silencer off dam the s**t was blogged nowonder it was running out of the join in the middle  :roll: :roll:

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 07:28:58 AM »
I took my silencer off dam the s**t was blogged nowonder it was running out of the join in the middle  :roll: :roll:

yup, that'll do it.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline staffylad

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 07:49:43 AM »
took some cleaning that pipe mind bud and I done the forks the oil smelt like cats piss eww,1st time I done forks wasn't too bad after I made a piston puller tool,old seals wer abit tricky to get out had to pick away to the metal cam out after awhile now im waiting on steering bearings as pyramid sent smaller ones didn't fit mann :mrgreen: