Author Topic: Describe a 2 Stroke in your words.......  (Read 4153 times)

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
Describe a 2 Stroke in your words.......
« on: May 27, 2013, 05:29:35 PM »
I had another debate today with a buddy who has never really ridden a 2 smoker and is a 4 stroke fanatic and thinks that 2 strokes are being discontinued because they are "vintage junk".

So I thought I would start a thread for everyone to write down how they explain 2 strokes to their 4 stroke buddies in their own words.

This is how I describe 2 smokers to my 4 stroke buddies and why they are so fun to me.........

Think of the latest sports car that has just rolled off the line......Makes good controllable power, lots of electronics, handles like its on rails, has all the technological goodies, traction control, ABS, power modes and makes alot of people better drivers than they really are, you see them everywhere and nobody cares............This is exactly what the latest 4 strokes are.........

Now think of the 1970 Dodge Charger with the 426 Hemi, or the 1970 Chevelle SuperSport with the 454........Fearsom power, Fearsome power delivery, old style handling, No electronic aids making driver skill 100% responsible for operation of the vehicle, very few and far between so they are attention getters and conversation starters.......This is exactly what 2 smokers are........

Which one of these catagories puts a bigger s**t eating grin on your face when you nail the throttle?! :-D
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
Re: Describe a 2 Stroke in your words.......
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 06:21:36 PM »
LOL I think of a 2 stroke as that one girl around 16 to 24 as I was young that was just a screeemer and loved to love you,you know the one that is always in your memories from the past......and the 4t as the one that wants to go for ever hurt you and expect more till she blows.....ahhhh life was good back then but its great now lol got to love the PAST hahaha  :evil:

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 01:25:02 AM »
I'm never going to be mcgrath or the next ryan villipoto, so why would i worry about riding the best? It's the sport i love and i'm going to ride what makes my pecker stand in the mornings.

The day I start getting paid to ride instead of the other way around i'll let them tell me what to ride/race, even then it's iffy
The 2-smoke runs deep in this one...

Offline 2-Stroke Tom

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 02:58:13 AM »
To me, riding a 4-stroke is like having sex with a condom on. No matter how powerful the 4-stroke is, it just doesn't have that raw feeling of being on the pipe and the awesome surge of a powerband.

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 05:44:14 AM »
tom that may be one of the greatest things ive ever heard. brought a tear to me eye

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 08:28:21 AM »
tom that may be one of the greatest things ive ever heard. brought a tear to me eye

yep... agreed.. :-D

i tried to ride 4-stroke, but it feeled like riding an elektro-bike with the sound of an elephant with very very hard pooping problems....  :evil: and i missed the powerpunch in the corners.

on an real race bike are only 2 valves. one in the front wheel and the other in the rear wheel...  :-D

no cams, no valves, no problems... 2-strokes are still bikes for the real men. 4 strokes are for ladys...  :-)
big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who don´t fear death or devil. ;O)
´83 kx250, ´87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ´93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 08:33:20 AM »
Men of steel only ride 2t rockets..
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:25:23 PM by sandblaster »
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 08:39:15 AM »
Men of steel only ride 2t rockets..

... and this without gloves for the one and only feeling...  :lol: :lol: :lol:
                 www.youtube.com/watch?v=hObZKApxAt4
big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who don´t fear death or devil. ;O)
´83 kx250, ´87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ´93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---

Offline 2-Stroke Tom

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 06:42:34 PM »
Ahh thanks Ims Roll! Just passionate about my 2-stroke machine, and always like to put things in the proper perspective!

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 01:10:22 AM »
haha right on buddy. there's something about a 2 smoke that draws us in like a child to a stupid situation.   

Motorrad

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 02:59:31 AM »
It's like  a head of cabbage
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:21:12 AM by Motorrad »

Offline J.ellwanger

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 02:10:07 PM »
how about when 4t's are compared to 2T's, they always say "well my 450 whomped on those 250's"
  ...? WTF? 450 to 250? and you feel good about that??
 I would Race my K5 against them 1000 cc streets.
(though due to wheelie problems, might have to change/add some stuff)
 2T, that and the KX250F weighs more then my 500.?
Respect For Hard Work, Hard work that got Me what I have, What I have Shows my Hard Work, Good Circle that keeps Me Employed.