Author Topic: kx500 triple clamp  (Read 4732 times)

Offline didllop

kx500 triple clamp
« on: September 18, 2012, 12:02:02 PM »
hey guys. i just bought a 94 kx500, upgragding from a 00kx250 for 4 years. im finding that the rake of the forks of the 500 seems less than the 250, so while im going down steep hill i feel like im gonna flip over the handle bars. i was wondering if theres any way to change the rake to feel more like the 00kx250?? i feel like the front tire needs to be further away from the bike

Motorrad

Re: kx500 triple clamp
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 06:35:19 PM »
Funny.  Should feel the other way around..

Make sure fork springs are proper rate for your weight

There are aftermark clamps avail.  If it comes to that

There is also alot you can do to adjust before buying clamps

Check sag numbers

Check rear sag. Possibly run a bit more sag than normal

And one thing I use that many don't realize.  Tire size to fine tune.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 06:39:21 PM by Motorrad »

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 02:45:01 AM »
Make sure the forks, front axle and wheel are straight..
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline snoopjonnyjon

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 03:03:28 AM »
It might even have to do with the bend of the bars. If you're gripping farther forward, it will be harder to transfer weight back going down steep hills.

Offline didllop

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 02:11:45 PM »
 thankyou everybody for the all your responses...motorrad-the suspension is def not set up for me yet, its set up for a 200lbs rider and my total weight is 328lbs full gear but new fork springs  #7weight fork oil and rear springs have been ordered and on their way from race tech. i will also push the forks as far down on the clamps as i can. i have been searching for aftermarket triple clamps but had no success, the earliest are for a 97 kx500 bc they changed the fork tube diameter from 43mm to 46mm after 96.  snoopjonnyjon-the bars have been upgraded to 1 1/8 pro taper with 3/4 risers. i think ur right about the pull back on the bars i have to check and see which type of bend. sandblaster- i will check the forks and with my motion pro fork alignment tool and also check the rim on my truing stand and make sure its within the service limits.
thanks again everyone