Author Topic: Tuning Tools  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
Tuning Tools
« on: August 02, 2012, 02:11:35 AM »
Had an older Digitron I sold, have a FAST air fuel meter I use for 4 cycle stuff. Thinking about a new Digitron but thought I would ask what tools everyone is using for tuning? ?Seat of the pants? is an answer, but I want numbers and graphs I can see what is going on and why. Reading plug color and other basic tuning methods work, but sometimes do not tell the whole story. Whatcha got?
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Motorrad

Re: Tuning Tools
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 04:07:49 AM »
DT-52K MAX  Dual display on mine..

Does... CHT, EGT, RPM, MPH
Love it..

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 04:23:31 AM »
I will be using a Mychron 4  HUD for my KX500 kart build, i'm anxious to see how it works.  It does EGT's coolant temp, rpm's and in depth lap datalogging. Pretty cool unit!
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline cbrfrenzie

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 04:44:05 AM »
I too am looking for some tuning tools.  What is the relationship between the CHT (Cylinder Head Temp) and Coolant Temp?  Which would be better to monitor, with EGT of course. 

MOTORRAD:  Do you have a picture of how you mounted the Digitron to your bike so we can see the relative size of it vs the bars?  Also do you have any pictures of the CHT sensor and EGT sensors installed on the bike?  I'm mostly curious about the location used for the EGT, I've always placed it as close to the exhaust port as possible.

Finally, what EGT's do you guys tune for??

Please and thank you  :mrgreen: