Author Topic: Service Honda KX500AF  (Read 14360 times)

Offline DoldGuy

Re: Service Honda KX500AF
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 02:45:15 PM »
I just got my 2011 Service Kawasaki the other day. It is a badass bike. you are right, they are pricey. The best part of the bike is that service has done hundreds if not thousands of these bikes. Thier attention to detail shows that. I would rather them learn from thier mistakes than me. They race a few of these bikes and know what works and what doesnt. These bikes have been tested. I did alot of research before i bought mine. With the porting, the Rad valve, and the suspension revalving, it is a well balanced beast. Im sure it can be done cheaper. My understanding is that these bikes hold there value well. Well see. Was it expensive? Yes. In my opinion was it worth it? Hell Yes. I'm not trying to throw in a sales pitch by any stretch of the imagination. The communication wasnt the best in the build process. But the finished product and the support from service and MX suspension has been good. So far.

Green Fiend,
Thank you for posting! :-D
DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline ThrottleJunky

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 02:36:26 AM »
There's a broad definition to the term "build a motor".
'There's more living in five minutes flat-out on a bike than some men have in an entire life'.

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 09:56:24 AM »
seems as if too many people are comparring 125's an 250's to 500's you can't estamate a 500 build off of a 250/125 history. untill you've reached into your pocket to rebuild a 500. example 125 piston costs 75 bucks or so ? where a 500 piston can cost up too 200+ hmmm theres already a 2x difference??
The 2-smoke runs deep in this one...

Offline RoostiusMaximus

• Millar Racing Engines
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 08:19:26 AM »
I could rebuild a stock CR5 motor with fleabay parts for 1800$. My motor is 6800$  :wink:
I'll be adding another 1200$ to it with the aluminum bore cylinder (stock is cast)