Author Topic: 2011 24Hr @ Starvation Ridge on my K5  (Read 4371 times)

Offline alward25

2011 24Hr @ Starvation Ridge on my K5
« on: January 18, 2012, 06:02:10 AM »
So this last 24 hr race @ Starvation Ridge was a blast!  The bike ran awesome! The lights, even better.  I was the only person in my team that did not have lighting problems.
Looking forward to doing it again this fall.  Anybody in???

Alex

http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg485/alward25/
"Let there be light"

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
Re: 2011 24Hr @ Starvation Ridge on my K5
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:25:28 AM »
Alex,, looks like you changed headlights. Is the trailtech HID?
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline alward25

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 08:41:15 AM »
Yup, I ran both lights to compare.  The BD dual 4" fuego HID and the Trail Tech X2 HID.  The BD had a wider spread but, they threw out about the same.  There was a back section that was about a 1/4 mile long dirt road and then a LH turn off the road back on the trail and 75mph was comfortable at night before I had to slow down to turn.
"Let there be light"

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 02:50:47 PM »
Yup, I ran both lights to compare.  The BD dual 4" fuego HID and the Trail Tech X2 HID.  The BD had a wider spread but, they threw out about the same.  There was a back section that was about a 1/4 mile long dirt road and then a LH turn off the road back on the trail and 75mph was comfortable at night before I had to slow down to turn.

That is good to know. I don't know what it is but the trail tech looks wrong unless it has the cool graphic like you have. Question BD fuego says 130 watts to run,,,I thought your MZB puts out 100 watts. Did you change bulbs?
"Endeavor to persevere."

Motorrad

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 03:12:56 PM »
HID...

What camera you using?? Pics are awesome!

Offline alward25

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 05:25:46 PM »
Yup, I ran both lights to compare.  The BD dual 4" fuego HID and the Trail Tech X2 HID.  The BD had a wider spread but, they threw out about the same.  There was a back section that was about a 1/4 mile long dirt road and then a LH turn off the road back on the trail and 75mph was comfortable at night before I had to slow down to turn.

That is good to know. I don't know what it is but the trail tech looks wrong unless it has the cool graphic like you have. Question BD fuego says 130 watts to run,,,I thought your MZB puts out 100 watts. Did you change bulbs?

I bought the halogen kit and put HIDs in it.  It was 1/3 the price and they draw 70w total.  When I asked BD why the HID was so much more they said it was the quality of components but they would not tell me what they were and the harder I pressed the issue the the more upset he got.  So whatever, the 500 is hard on lighting stuff.  the vibrations that resonate through can decrease the life of bulbs and ballasts.  I have had to change 2 HID bulbs and 2 ballasts.  BD says they need 130w to run it because they use a crappy battery that cannot keep up with the load. If it is not charging it will last about 2 minutes, mine will last 2 hours if I am not charging it.  I ran 120 miles with my lights on, lighting system kept up fine.

I am using a Canon camera...
"Let there be light"