Author Topic: Leadore Rocks  (Read 4154 times)

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
Leadore Rocks
« on: August 01, 2010, 11:13:28 AM »
I started riding the Leadore, Idaho area in the early 90s on a 1985 KX500 as a member of a local Trail Machine Association. It makes Erzberg Rodeo look like Mutten Busting. I brought my KX450F and an ATV. Some pics here. Hope everyone is having a great summer and that all the injuries are healing if you haven't been able to ride.
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline kxpegger

Re: Leadore Rocks
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 12:40:41 AM »
In picture #4 it makes you wonder who the first nut case was to start that kind of trail and how many others it took to get it established. Some of the wildest stuff here in Southern Nevada actually starts out by "Big Horn" sheep...you get on one of those mistaking it for a dirt bike trail and the next thing you know you are in a world of s...! You can't turn around and all you can do is stay committed no matter how bad it gets.
North Las Vegas

"05" RMZ450, "08" KX500AF "11" KTM 450SX-F "12" KTM 250SX "15" KTM450SX-F

Offline ID KX500

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 04:45:11 AM »
In picture #4 it makes you wonder who the first nut case was to start that kind of trail and how many others it took to get it established. Some of the wildest stuff here in Southern Nevada actually starts out by "Big Horn" sheep...you get on one of those mistaking it for a dirt bike trail and the next thing you know you are in a world of s...! You can't turn around and all you can do is stay committed no matter how bad it gets.
Picture #1 & #4 are the same place it was originally a combination of game trail (deer & elk) and human rock clearing. About 8 years ago Idaho Parks & Rec sent a trail cat through. The trail cat is a small track hoe with 48" blade. They reduced the grade up through there. It was a circus getting bikes up there before the trail fix. Pics #1 & 2 below are of the slide area,,,you end up going out the lowest saddle area on top. We ran into elk when we crested the other side. Pic #3 is another place that was nasty,,,I was able to get right up with the all wheel drive. I must say that the rider fatigue was greatly reduced with the extra help of the front wheel working.
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline ID KX500

Back to Leadore area Aug 2011
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 11:05:39 AM »
Back to Leadore area this year.

This was a mostly single track trail ride. 70 miles of single track and 30 miles of roads. Beautiful country dust free due to recent rains,,,it doesn't get any better. :-D

"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 01:09:48 PM »
It really is a beautiful planet, so many awesome places to ride. I lived in idaho for awhile as a kid & rode some out of ririe on the back side of the tetons. Definitly some nice riding up there. Those goat trails look pretty intense
if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Offline ID KX500

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 01:53:54 PM »
It really is a beautiful planet, so many awesome places to ride. I lived in idaho for awhile as a kid & rode some out of ririe on the back side of the tetons. Definitly some nice riding up there. Those goat trails look pretty intense

I like riding by Ririe past Heise along the river, up Burnt Creek to Chicken Peak, Thousand Springs, And Garn Mt.
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »

Very Cool IDKX,
  I pop in several times a day and visit a few forums and then I have to get up from the computer.
Thanks for sharing the pics,  Just got the first of my lower ball joint's replaced and hoping to get the other side done before fall.  Brother it Smarts! :x   :lol:
  Thanks again,
 Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline ID KX500

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 03:31:07 PM »
Sorry to hear Tuck. My Mom got a left knee joint 2weeks ago. 35 year class reunion Saturday I'm due to wear out soon. Get well soon.
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 08:10:13 PM »
Thanks ID,
 Hey, If your Mom is just now having to get a knee swapped out, it tells me two things.
 1) You come from Hearty Stock!  :-D  and 2)  you've got a ways to go before you'll need some Ceramic or Titanium!

I do regret not going to any of my H.S. reunions.  (class of '81)  the guys I've known since 3rd grade tell me how they went.
  Hope you have a good time!
   Several of you guys had gotten me to change my mind about selling off my 500 and giving her a few more rides before going all street.   
 Thanks again,
    Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"