Author Topic: kick-it stand HDW Mod.  (Read 1433 times)

Offline delphipro5

kick-it stand HDW Mod.
« on: June 18, 2011, 05:20:58 AM »
For those who have looked over the mounting of the pro-moto kick-it stand and are not really satisfied with what they find :wink:. Here is a mod you can do to give the subframe and stand a chance to be stiff, and line up correctly. :-) I am having trouble finding the correct tubing to make the sleeve,
 (S.S.- 10mm O.D. x 8mm I.D. x 1mm wall) gotta call Swagelock again on Mon... BUT I found some 3/8" brake line at NAPA that is far enough off on it's tolerances that it's more like 10mm than 3/8" SO It works good enough!

New HDW package.

Shortened nut to clear swingarm.

32mm Bolt for extra nut.

New 15mm replacement sleeve.

Top hole of stand drilled to 25/64" to accept new sleeve.

Sleeve in place holding BOTH frame ears and ALL thru subframe.

Stand Back on.
Extra insurance backing nut.(use blue threadlock. )

You may need to adjust the length of the sleeve to get the correct squish when tite. You do not want to bottom-out on the sleeve. 16mm would bottom on mine so I filed it to 15mm and it's perfect squish. And with a drill press, drilling the top hole is a breeze. Just use a fresh bit! :-D
NO MORE SLOP WHEN FLIPPING IT UP AND DOWN! LIKE A ROCK :wink:

Offline sniper1

Re: kick-it stand HDW Mod.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 07:28:46 AM »
Nice work delphi :)
Just an old guy that enjoys going fast, I was in the army for 6 years and bought my first K5 when I returned from basic training. I raced a yz60 from age 6 to 8  a kx80 from 8 to 12  a kx125 from 12-17 intermediate class on k5 which I've owned 3.