Author Topic: Revvin' out of control! TOO FAST!  (Read 6171 times)

Motorrad

Re: Revvin' out of control! TOO FAST!
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 06:44:38 PM »
did you do a leak down test yet?

crank seals, intake, etc are still on the list

Intake, yes, ignition/clutch covers, yes, cylinder head, yes.
Bottom end... Ummmm... No. That part of the operation is what's scaring me.

Good old stewart has the equipment to do this leakdown properly... You should ask him really nice, (offer to buy him lunch) that works in our shop... along with a case of beer.

Offline NZ500

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 04:36:44 AM »
I had this happen on my KDX200 a few years ago. Stuck at full throttle while in top gear riding at the river! It had quite a bit of work done to motor too. I'd hate to have it happen on a 500. I held the kill switch in but it took a long time to stop it. Turned out the throttle cable was about to snap, there was some small bits of frayed cable that had fallen off and got stuck beside the slide.

Offline k5abuser

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 07:23:20 AM »
First make sure slide didn't stick.do not put lubeon the slide as it wil gum up and hang. Second spray. Carb cleaner forward toward the jug (away groom air box)while it is running. To see if it revs up. Look for intake. Leaks. Base gasket or main seal under stator cover or even the clutch cover.  They can suck air and oil from the clutch side. Also a broken reed. I would co it afterthe slide cleaning.

race gas is fast but Q16 hauls azz.i still ride because i am not ready to have been that fast. i ride a kx500 because they don't make a kx600!ck k5abuser on youtube