Author Topic: New pipe  (Read 6297 times)

Offline RoostDaddy

New pipe
« on: November 07, 2015, 06:56:50 AM »
Any input on the DPR pipes listed on eBay from the Netherlands?  Or how about the new Bills pipe that they are building. Both look like some fine craftsmanship, just wondering what the performance is on these.
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline alexander-vmann

Re: New pipe
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 08:20:18 AM »
they have both long experience in pipe manufactering, but Dutch power racing offers a true cone pipe while bills offer a cone look on their works pipe, both have made kx500 pipes but not sure if bills offers production line, sean collier uses a bills pipe after fmf dropped their sposorship after what sean said in the documantary series called spectrum, heres a how its made by bills http://billspipes.com/index.php?route=blog/article&category_id=1&article_id=14
KX 500 newbie

my bike: 1993 kx500

Offline alexander-vmann

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 08:28:03 AM »
her is their facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/Dutch-Power-Racing-672684072763909/?fref=ts unfortuneatlly it appears that their webpage is not up to  date
KX 500 newbie

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 09:14:39 AM »
Any input on the DPR pipes listed on eBay from the Netherlands?  Or how about the new Bills pipe that they are building. Both look like some fine craftsmanship, just wondering what the performance is on these.

I was wondering the same thing...
http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,15765.0.html
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 09:18:20 AM »
Wel i'm dutch and this is the first one for kx500 that ive seen.
My brother had one on his rm125 94. It was nice.
Have maybe seen 20 DPR's in total al my live(34).

Dutchie
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 06:26:31 PM by Dutch-K5 Fan »
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline RoostDaddy

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 10:01:21 AM »
Sorry foxx, I'm usually good with not starting multiple threads, but didn't look at the eBay threads and missed it.
I know Bills has been around longer than I have and know that they have been making quality two stroke pipes for some time. As for DPR, the only one I ever saw was on my buddy's 2000 RM250, and that was back in early 2000 which he no longer has.
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 10:04:04 AM »
Sorry foxx, I'm usually good with not starting multiple threads, but didn't look at the eBay threads and missed it.

no worries at all Roost...I've done it by accident myself :-)
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline alexander-vmann

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 03:45:47 AM »
ill put one one my wishlist for christmas, would really want a bills pipe like sean colliers, just a bummer that bills isnt production line, and dpr is made in steel, and im not good enough of engineer or welder to make my own cone titanium, but hey the k5 is all about dreams :D
KX 500 newbie

Offline alexander-vmann

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 02:06:08 AM »
bills pipes confirmed on their instagram that they are planning to bring out a production pipe for the kx500, about half an hour ago...wich is nice
KX 500 newbie

Offline husky333

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 09:14:17 AM »
I recently asked a guy here in England how much it would cost to make a cone pipe for my kx500. I made the mistake of telling him that there was limited supply for the kx500, i mentioned FMF, Procircuit and "Scalvini" who actually do make a cone pipe for the bike. He can make the pipe no problem,...but he told me it would cost £750  !!!(same price as a Scalvini, .....funnily enough.)

I now need to find another cone pipe builder and "NOT" tell him about Scalvini.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 07:36:10 PM »
I recently asked a guy here in England how much it would cost to make a cone pipe for my kx500. I made the mistake of telling him that there was limited supply for the kx500, i mentioned FMF, Procircuit and "Scalvini" who actually do make a cone pipe for the bike. He can make the pipe no problem,...but he told me it would cost £750  !!!(same price as a Scalvini, .....funnily enough.)

yeah, that's way too much...when you consider fmf and pc combos can be bought for either side of $300.

Offline alexander-vmann

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 03:01:34 AM »

jebus, thats more then what my bike is worth :P
KX 500 newbie