Author Topic: foot peg surgery  (Read 1742 times)

Rick

foot peg surgery
« on: May 10, 2004, 03:31:37 AM »
Well, this weekend, instead of just watching the grass grow...again..., I decided I was healed enough to tackle the widening of my foot pegs.  In looking at my foot position as indicated by the bottom of my boots, I decided I did not want to add anything to the rear of the peg, as this would move my foot further to the rear of the bike.  Instead, I wrapped a new strap around the outside of the peg, with the additional width all in the front of the peg.  

As I ground the teeth in the new strap, I noticed that the large tooth on the very outside of the peg is higher than the rest of the teeth.  I compared this to the pegs on the KX125 and a KTM380 in the shop, and found that the other bikes did not have this raised tooth.  This got me thinking.  I always seem to wear out the sole of my boot under my arch before any other part of the sole, and both the boys get a lot longer out of their sole inserts than I do.  When I found this high tooth, I reasoned that since the peg does not extend beyond the edge of my boot, my feet are rocked inward because of this higher tooth.  

Not sure why it's there, but don't like it.  The solution:  it's getting cut down to size tonight.

Just thought I would share this oddity with the 500 pegs.

Rick

kawdude

foot peg surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 04:37:04 AM »
I noticed that also and ground it down after widening mine.

ruputa

foot peg surgery
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 09:31:11 AM »
Good idea not adding to the back side of the peg!! Going to do the same to my pegs and you just helped me not make that mistake.
Jeff