Author Topic: zip ty desert tank, and low boy pipes  (Read 3359 times)

Offline BronkoRob

zip ty desert tank, and low boy pipes
« on: October 04, 2011, 01:45:56 PM »
so i had a thought, might be wrong or may have come up before.  i couldnt find it though.  i know the zip ty low boy pipes havent been produced in awhile and are almost impossible to come by, but you need a lowboy pipe to work with the zip ty desert tank.  has anyone tried to fit a service honda kx500af conversion pipe with that tank?  or tried a cr500 pipe with kx flange?  if this doesnt work what were the issues? 

Offline Charlie500

Re: zip ty desert tank, and low boy pipes
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 05:21:30 PM »
BDI Has zip ty pipes forsale in the for sale section! :wink:
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Motorrad

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 12:15:47 AM »
They are appart though.... You would have to be d**n good to get one together without a Jig...  (mounts etc etc)...

Offline BronkoRob

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 02:03:18 AM »
yeah i saw them, and the price for the AF conversion pipes are about the same.  thats why i was wondering about what the fitment issues was with the conversion pipe.  i think it would be easier to modify a complete pipe over piecing one together.  especially with no way to set the bends, if your off by a few degrees on the rotation of any of the  bends nothing after that will line up in the frame where its supposed to.  i can see that project ending in rage and a big hammer.  thanks for the info though.

Offline PowerFiend

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 11:34:10 AM »
The AF conversion pipes are basically a CR500 pipe that is a bit longer at the cylinder and has the required male connection into the cylinder. You should be able to use a CR pipe as is if you fabbed a male to male adapter and perhaps utilized a bit longer pipe springs.