Author Topic: quick question , regarding bennys build manual ?  (Read 3397 times)

Offline wpmarineltd

quick question , regarding bennys build manual ?
« on: August 23, 2011, 04:47:45 AM »
is the air box pattern in the pdf file to scale ??

Offline bempa

Re: quick question , regarding bennys build manual ?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 11:41:48 PM »
The airbox template photo is attached to this post and can be printed without scaling to be used as a template. A4 paper will do.
In the end, I used a lot of black silicone to make sure that the airboot/airbox junction was properly sealed.
/Bempa

Offline wpmarineltd

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 01:58:28 AM »
i have nearly finished my build but this darn air box is making a dent in my head where i keep standing and scratching it ... iv made the pattern for the air box which was in the manual but i just can't see how it fits .. i am using a cr250 2000 air boot . with a kx450 08 air box ... I'm sooooooo close to finishing its frustrating the crap out of me

Offline trim

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 09:16:51 AM »
i have nearly finished my build but this darn air box is making a dent in my head where i keep standing and scratching it ... iv made the pattern for the air box which was in the manual but i just can't see how it fits .. i am using a cr250 2000 air boot . with a kx450 08 air box ... I'm sooooooo close to finishing its frustrating the crap out of me

Don't know about a honda boot never tried one. A 2002 kx 250 worked good for me on a 06 KX 450f box. I think the 06 and 08 run the same airbox.I just made my template using the clamping ring out of the airbox.Cut a peice of 1/8" aluminum to match transfered the holes( jigsaw works good for cutting ) put the airbox and subframe back on with the aluminum plate in lined up the 250 boot marked the holes and outside of the boot added 1/2" inside the line and cut it out.Filed it to fit the rest. Don't know if this helps you or not