Author Topic: 93 K5 complete rebuild from the ground up  (Read 11294 times)

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
Re: 93 K5 complete rebuild from the ground up
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 04:50:22 AM »
Got some pics of the reed spacer I made yesterday. I decided to polish it this morning. It measure 1/4 inch thick. Not sure if it will make a difference or not. We will see. I will be bolting it on in a little bit and firing the bike up. Will have to wait to ride it unless I decide to take my bike to my parents house today. Depends how bored I get. Can't think of anything else to make or do to the bike at the moment.

Got it bolted on turned out perfect.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 06:08:48 AM by Goat »
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline Goat

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 03:36:18 PM »
Got to test out the bike with the 1/4 inch spacer on Monday at my parents house. For something I made with hand tools and a buffer out of aluminum scrap I had laying around for 10 years I couldn't be happier. Even though it's not as thick as all the ones I have found for sale on the internet it made a huge difference. It will tractor around but still snappy. Will pull the front up in and type of dirt now. I was in some sugar sand and before when I hit that spot it would spin and start drifting through the curve. Now it pulls the front wheel up and goes while still throwing a roost 20 feet behind me :D It's quite controllable. I recommend this cheap and easy mod to anyone that can handle the K5 in the first place.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline bob larry

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 04:35:31 AM »
Hey good job!  Just found your build.

Do you know where you got the Seal kit and gasket kits for the bottom end?  Are they Kawi seals?

2001 KX500

Offline blueoval

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 07:58:20 AM »
Nice Goat, I made one for my k5 and my kdx.  Liked the performance improvement in low end on the k5.  I am going to remove it from the kdx200 (think it hurt overall performance).
If some is good, and more is better, then too much is JUST RIGHT!  B.O.

Offline Goat

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2010, 11:28:46 AM »
Traded a PC 304 silencer for some plastics with Kx5rider. Got my plastics and it looks good. Just need to get a new rear fender. Thanks Kx5rider.

Offline Goat

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2010, 05:15:01 PM »
Haven't had an update in a while. I bought a front hub and IMS oversize tank off ebay last week. Got the tank and took it for a ride today. I also took the 47t sprocket off and put on a 49t. Made a nice difference but I think I'm going to get a 51 to try. Waiting until I get a rear hub then I will buy a new 18" and 21" black rims. I'm thinking about getting the Warp9 rims and spokes. Here is a pic with the new tank installed.

Offline BasketCase

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2010, 12:46:02 PM »
Goat, I have a good rear hub and disk off of a '93 if you are interested.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:56:56 PM by BasketCase »
Nitrous is like a hot chic with STD's , you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences.