Author Topic: NEw member  (Read 2642 times)

Offline ctrivelpiece

« on: May 18, 2010, 05:58:22 AM »
Hello everyone i am the proud owner of a 89 kx500 i love my bike even though sometimes it feels like it doesnt love me back. I stumbled on this website when searching for clutch cover mods. (yes i want to be able to adjust my clutch without taking the full cover off) Ive owned my bike since i was 18 (20 now) and it probally will never leave me. Its sad to see everyone parting out their 500s and that is one major reason ill never sell it. Im not a bad guy if i can help you out let me know. I work on my bikes myself and have manuals for alot of different bikes. I would tear my own bike apart just to find out how a certain part goes just to help someone get theirs back together. I Love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning.......and evening. Thanks for having me.

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
Re: NEw member
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 06:11:47 AM »
Are you any good with under sea blow out preventers??

BP wants your number. :-D

Welcome to the site.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:34:47 AM by Danger4u2 »
KX 500 Rider

Offline ctrivelpiece

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 06:36:10 AM »
lmao yea apparently their going old school and throwing mud at it to get it to stop leaking lol.

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 10:08:42 AM »
Welcome CTrivelpiece,
  Maybe we can figure out what's ailing that Five Hunnert and get her to Love you Long Time...
    Glad you stumbled upon us, the more the merrier!  :-)
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline ctrivelpiece

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 08:43:07 AM »
Thank you and i broke the clutch cover so theres no fixing that just ogt to buy a new one. It loves me at times just it doesnt like to stay rubber side down if you know what i mean lol. Broke my helmet last summer because of a mistimed twist of the throttle.

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 04:48:30 AM »
did you break the cover so bad that it cant be modified to install a cover plate?

Offline ctrivelpiece

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 05:20:45 AM »
Unfortunately its not the large round part where the emblem is its along the bottom where it bolts to the case and i lost the piece to it to have it fixed. So now i have to buy one and it seems no one within 5 states has one. Nice weather to thats the killer.

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 06:32:38 AM »
sorry to hear that. try contacting cycles r us in ohio. at their site you can submit a parts request. they have a huge bike salvage yard and may have the cover you need. of course theres always ebay. heres the link.          http://www.cyclesrus.net/index.php

Offline ctrivelpiece

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 12:27:26 PM »
Thanks i tryed acouple of large salvage yards and still have pending parts requests. I have been watching ebay like a hawk. I wasnt fast enough for the last one which was about a week ago. I will give that salvage yard a try thanks.