Author Topic: PVL ignitions  (Read 2176 times)

rdg2

PVL ignitions
« on: February 06, 2004, 03:54:25 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket PVL ignition kits.  I would like any info on these systems.  I have had trouble with my stock ignition sys and would like to try the entire new system for about the same amount of money as it costs to replace my stock stator plate.  Are these systems reliable?  Where is a good place to purchase?  How much power does it add, and how is it in terms of contollability with the lighter flywheel?  How hard is the install?  Is it worth it overall?  Any info would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Robert

1992 KX500[/u]

mikesmith

PVL ignitions
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 09:36:09 PM »
I remeber on the old KX500 site a guy had one and said it increased top in quite a bit,but it's a trade off for low end.He wanted to trade it for a stock system because he was putting the engine in a quad,said it was reliable and made lots of power(just remember he was trying to trade it) for what ever thats worth,www.pentonimports.com should have them.If I remember right the guy who wanted to trade one does the big bore kits for KX500's into 640's or something like that,Im sure Paul knows who Im talking about and has his phone# or Email.

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
PVL ignitions
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 03:05:42 AM »
That's John @ B&B Racing. Shoot him an email : bandbracing@sbcglobal.net

1alldave

PVL ignitions
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 12:41:18 PM »
You might also try FTZ racing. they offer an internal rotor ignition for KX500. I do not know the exact web address but I have been on it before