Author Topic: Getting the bars forward and adjusting the suspension  (Read 2449 times)

Offline demographic

Getting the bars forward and adjusting the suspension
« on: March 19, 2004, 04:35:02 AM »
I want to get my bars further forward cos at the moment they are a bit Easyrider :(  but if I turn the risers to the forward position (which position I prefer by far) I cannot  get a screwdriver to the clickers at the top of my suspension :(

Also with the four gallon Clarke tank on and the risers in the rearmost position the handguard clamps touch the tank before the lockstops on the stearing touch.

Bearing in mind the money I paid for the tank I don't want it damaged if (or when :wink: ) I fall off.

Those of you with the risers forward, do you have some kind of shorty screwdriver to get to the fork tops or do you have to remove the bars first?
Removing the bars just seems like hard work to me, there must be a better way.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 04:39:50 AM »
Just loosen the top fork clamps and turn the forks until you can get the screw driver on them

toddwunsch

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 05:10:32 AM »
Storm makes the perfect device just for your situation.  Take a look at the picture below then goto www.stormcycles.com and look for the Quicker Clicker.  I believe they are under $20.

Storms Racing's Quicker Clicker is a wafer shaped tool with a screwdriver end machined into it.  It gives you easy access to difficult-to-adjust fork adjusters.  With big bars and location points right over the fork, access can be grim at best.  This clicker tool works wonderfully, especially on Showa compression adjusters.  It sells for $14.99

**[/i]

Offline demographic

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 07:09:17 AM »
Quote from: toddwunsch
Storm makes the perfect device just for your situation.  Take a look at the picture below then goto www.stormcycles.com and look for the Quicker Clicker.  I believe they are under $20.

Storms Racing's Quicker Clicker is a wafer shaped tool with a screwdriver end machined into it.  It gives you easy access to difficult-to-adjust fork adjusters.  With big bars and location points right over the fork, access can be grim at best.  This clicker tool works wonderfully, especially on Showa compression adjusters.  It sells for $14.99

**[/i]

Thanks so much for that :D

Excellent stuff.

I have just got to get them to deliver it to sunny England :wink:  but it looks like the tool for the job.

Ta muchly for the info, Scott

Offline demographic

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 07:41:55 PM »
Thinking about this in the cold light of day, I figure that a big washer with a cut down cordless screwdriver bit welded in the centre might just do the same job and cost nowt also :D

Ta muchly for posting the pic though, cos otherwise I would not have thought of it