Author Topic: bolt on kickstand  (Read 6199 times)

Offline GreenMachine

bolt on kickstand
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2003, 11:31:21 PM »
Thanks kxtaz,
Now all I have to do is find a kickstand long enough. I went to my local bone yard the other day and they had about a truck bed full of kickstands, but they were all about 5 to 12 inches long. Although, that looks almost simple enough to make the whole thing.
Even the mightiest of oaks was once just a crazy nut that stood its ground.

Offline demographic

bolt on kickstand
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2003, 11:39:08 PM »
Looking through this thread again as I am getting sick of leaning my KX against walls and not wanting to add unsprung weight to the bike (SM wheels and tyres have added quite enough already) I am going to get my lazy arse into gear and make a copy of the one that Kxtaz has done.

I alread have a sidestand to weld onto the bracket but am curious as to how high does the sidestand go when it's folded away?

Does it go up till it's almost in line with the rear subframe like some KTM seem to or only about in line with the swingarm as many roadbikes seem to?

Also I see that it has a spring but does it have any kind of clip that stops the stand from kind of flapping up and down when you riding over bad bumps/ landing after jumps?

Cheers, Scott :)

kawdude

bolt on kickstand
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2004, 05:55:20 PM »
Any owners of the Utah clamp stand...does the chain hit the top of the clamp?  I see that utah doesn't offer one for the kx5.  What model did you order for...250?

What about the any of the clamp on types does the chain interfere?