Author Topic: 92 KX250 wet fouling plug  (Read 3556 times)

Offline Mcrick

92 KX250 wet fouling plug
« on: September 14, 2009, 08:39:09 AM »
I am new to 2 strokes so bare with me, i just got my friends 92 kx 250 and mixed 32:1 for the gas, changed the tranny oil twice being that it was real grimey, started up and ran fine, seemed to have full power. now heres the strange thing, i bought a new plug for it (br8eix) from ngk, threw it in there and took off riding for the day. after about an hour the plug wet fouled. so i took it out wiped it down and it started again. ran for about 5 minutes than bogged out and dyed.. took out the plug again and it was wet with oil.. i repeated this 3 or 4 more times till the bike didnt really even start. brought it home and put the old plug back in and it started right up, runs fine it seems but idk if i should take it out again cuz it worked on other plug for a while too.. there the same exact plugs.. could this be a spark plug problem from the manufacturer? or am i running the gas too rich with oil? or what? anything u could add is greatly appreciated thanks

Offline Friar-Tuck

• \o/ Live Free or Die
Re: 92 KX250 wet fouling plug
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 11:08:03 AM »
Mc,
 You might snoop around abit and start from scratch on the jetting,
(find out what the bike came with stock)
  Getting everything cleaned up (sounds like you've already started)
 Carb innards,(jets & passages) air filter and so-on.
While you have the carb off take a peek at the reeds, chips,cracks, gaps around body and petals etc.
  I know you already changed the tranny fluid, next time actually measure how much you put in, and measure how much you get out after the ride. 
I know it may sound odd, however if you have a crank seal going  out on the tranny side, the engine  will actually draw trans fluid in the crankcase.
    The last time this happened to me I could actually smell the tranny fluid on the plug...
  You may even be on to something as far as just a bad plug,
It may be rare but not unheard of.
  Tuck\o/
"The Truth Has No Agenda"

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 12:16:18 PM »
Mcrick,
What oil are you mixing with your gas? Also keep in mind you can pick up NGK BR8ES at Advance Auto for $2 (alot cheaper than the X).
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 04:10:43 PM »
to me ,i went from ngk to denso longtime ago,
its personal but in my shop no single engine has ngk plugs ,
do you haul a** with it ? a buddy had similar issues,he was a beginner and wasn,t ripping
so it wet fould several times before he gained speed
Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500

Offline Mcrick

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 09:38:43 AM »
Im not baby'ing it but im also not keeping it wide open all the time being that i live in a very very rocky area, the oil i use to mix with the gas is the 32:1 stuff u get at advance auto, (im sure very basic).. i put the old plug back in it and its been riding fine for 2 days with no problems, starts up first kick everytime.. maybe just a faulty plug from ngk?

Offline johnny105

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 07:49:39 AM »
Im not baby'ing it but im also not keeping it wide open all the time being that i live in a very very rocky area, the oil i use to mix with the gas is the 32:1 stuff u get at advance auto, (im sure very basic).. i put the old plug back in it and its been riding fine for 2 days with no problems, starts up first kick everytime.. maybe just a faulty plug from ngk?

Could be I guess....