Author Topic: Rear suspension links  (Read 1741 times)

Offline serafin

Rear suspension links
« on: August 23, 2009, 11:23:52 AM »
Hi everyone.  I finally got around to getting my rear shock serviced with new oil and nitrogen.  While I was at it I also replaced the rear links with the Pro Circuit units.  At first I was a bit skeptical (sometimes I feel that some of this aftermarket stuff is more of a cool factor than function) but caved in to giving them a try.  Their overall length is shorter by 2mm BUT the distance between the mounting holes they are longer by 1mm.  Additionally it raised the seat height about 1/2 an inch.  Not really sure if the seat height was from the links alone.  I'm thinking it was more a combo of shock rebuild and sag reset.  Either way the rear end sits higher.  After riding it a bit I do feel it helped in the steering and cornering of the bike.  It wasn't a real hugh improvement but a slight improvement none the less. Now with the bike sitting a bit taller (either I'm getting shorter in my old age or its getting harder to whip my leg over the seat) I went ahead and ordered a shorter seat foam from Ceet it should be in this coming week.  Does anyone know how the seat foam is attached to the seat pan?  Is it glued on or is it just held on with the seat cover.

Serafin 

Motorrad

Re: Rear suspension links
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 11:47:55 AM »
Have my seat appart right now.   Its glued