Author Topic: ASV Brk lever for K5  (Read 5997 times)

Offline Hick

Re: ASV Brk lever for K5
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 03:29:58 PM »
Hey Charlie 500 did you figure it out yet .  I haven't had time to call asv maybe i will have time tomorrow work has been busy. I rode with my old lever this weekend did not want to waste a good ride day tinkering to much.  So if you have figured it out I'm all ears.

Offline Charlie500

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 04:57:11 PM »
sorry man, i haven't even looked at it yet. Still haven't rode my bike since a frame off restoration.... Just started my bike the other day and noticed my countershaft seal leaking... I ordered the seal, the o-ring and the collar bushing... i was thinking of maybe just finding a different master cyliner for the front brake... which one would be best to get and would work with the k-5 hose???
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Offline Charlie500

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 03:57:45 PM »
ok so i tried to install the lever..... i ran into the same problem. i decided to try and cut that bold down so it would maybe fit into the small hole on the lever... after i did that the lever fit into the purch pretty nicely but it was applying pressure on the brake caliper... I don't think that this lever is going to work with this purch....I will try and give asv a call tomorrow...

charlie
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Offline Hick

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 03:55:15 PM »
So I didn't have time to call asv yet but did have time to go riding at stoney ford and wouldn't you know it, first ride of the day bent my stock lever that has been on the bike since 2003. I guess someone is tell me to quit being lazy and figure it out.  So it sounds like the cutting the bolt thing did not work do you think it would help to cut it shorter or it just wont work?

Offline Charlie500

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 05:37:37 PM »
So i called asv, it looks like i have the wrong lever. She sent me this email. Keep in mind my master cylinder is off a 99, not a 2003. I was at stonyford last weekend too....we camped at mill valley camp ground. Didn't get to bring the 500 though, the counter shaft seal started leaking 3 days before the trip.... Well hope this email helps you out.

Hi Charlie,

Double check the knee (silver part of the lever that fits into Master) that it?s labeled ?B1.?  If it is then this is the wrong lever.

Ship it to the address below, ASV - Warranty, Attention : Karen Wray.

We?ll change the knee so it?s a BHF33 and ship it back to you.  Normally, we have the dealer take care of it, but he?s one my dealers and I already know he doesn?t have it in stock, no need to inconvenience him, he?s a good guy.

Please reference RA 1082.  Write this number on the outside of the pkg when you mail it in and keep a copy of this email in case you want to email me with status.

I recommend shipping it priority mail, or UPS, anything to get a tracking number.

1st Class mail is too unpredictable and not trackable.

Call me direct with any questions.  Ext. 132

Cheers, 

Karen Mertes-Wray

Inside Sales & Warranty

ASV Inventions, Inc.

16421 Gothard St. Suite A (Sweet, eh?)

Huntington Beach, CA 92647

www.asvinventions.com

714-861-1400 ext. 132

fax: 714-861-1408
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Offline Hick

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 07:18:59 AM »
So I called as well and sounds like thats is the problem i have also, will be getting a new lever soon hope it works.
keep me posted  on your progress for you will probably get your lever before i get mine thanks for the info.

Offline Hick

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 04:24:15 PM »
Got the right one and it fit perfect.  Thanks for the info Charlie.  Get that bike together, rode alta area this weekend it was a great ride and the lever worked good.