Author Topic: It's complete!  (Read 2733 times)

Offline smrtguy212000

It's complete!
« on: April 22, 2009, 12:43:31 PM »
After 5 weeks it's finally complete - brief history.  Bought the bike to ride on the ice this upcoming winter.  When I went to look at it the weather was horriable so I couldn't ride the bike.  The bike was in a barn and the lighting was very poor.  I knew the bike was in poor shape but when I got home with the new purchase it was worse than I thought.  At one point I considered part out the bike.......I didn't and now I am very glad I didn't.  All though I have more money in the bike than it will every be worth, the knowledge I gained rebuilding, the pleasure I had working on this monster bringing it to life is well worth the cost in the end.  Finally took it for a ride today = WOW!  I have had plenty of bikes with lots of horsepower but nothing like this.  This beast makes me smile just thinking about it right now.  Anyways gonna do some dirt riding / hare scrambles / motorcross with the bike just for fun until the ice season gets here.  Put for what it's worth here is my progress.  Complete frame removale, replaced all suspension bearings, powder coated frame, swingarm, wheels and triple clamps.  Sent Jug out to US chrome, installed "window" piston, installed stewart bolt, reed spacer, got the jetting correct per instruction and guide here on site, new pipe and silencer, revalved forks and shock, new springs, fluid and seals.  The rest is comsetics........  Might be selling a dirt bike but it won't be the KX that's for certain!  Just wanted to share........

Offline cbxracer30

Re: It's complete!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 12:50:29 PM »
Looks great!!  But    all of that and no fender mod . Well it still looks sweet great job. CBX
Yep, you can ride it - if YOU can start it !!

Offline smrtguy212000

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 12:58:45 PM »
ordered all the plastic before I knew about the fender mod............put it's in the works now :evil:

Offline kxpegger

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 01:07:07 PM »
"She's a bute Clark!"
North Las Vegas

"05" RMZ450, "08" KX500AF "11" KTM 450SX-F "12" KTM 250SX "15" KTM450SX-F

Offline gwcrim

• http://profiles.yahoo.com/gwcrim
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »
Don't worry about the fender.  She's a beauty!

Were the wheels disassembled for powdercoating?
~Crim~
You raise the blade
You make the change
You rearrange me 'til I'm sane

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 01:12:29 PM »
Very nice job! It's great to see you make the investment of time & $$$ to bring it back to it's former glory. Even though it might not bring back your investment dollars, the value in having a ride like that is priceless.
Congrats & Enjoy!!
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline smrtguy212000

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 02:41:29 PM »
No the wheels were powder coated assembled - Check the spoke and hub before hand because after the coating they don't like to be adjusted without flaking the coating off.  There is a guy up here who refinishes wheels that does poweder coating during the process.  He too is a biker, so he gave me an unbelievable deal on the process.  Frame, Wheels, swing arm, triple clamp and some misc. stuff for $200.  The green is a dead match, couldn't believe it when I saw it. 

Offline gothminist3r

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 03:02:43 AM »
Nice! What silencer are you running there?

Offline kneedrager428

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 01:03:09 PM »
She looks Sweeeet. Where are you located? 200 is a steal for the PC work!