Author Topic: New to the site. Just bought a couple bikes.  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Justin726

New to the site. Just bought a couple bikes.
« on: March 16, 2009, 02:55:42 PM »
Hello.  I'm new around here.  I'm 35.  From Nebraska.  And been riding sportbikes for almost 10 years.  Myy current streetbike is an '03 Suzuki Hayabusa I bought new.

I've wanted a dirtbike for a while just /to mess around with my buddies.  They all have quads, but I couldn't bring myself to go that route.  I didn't want to spend to much money on a bike.  Just wanted someting to mess around with once in a while.  I found a '89 KX250 with a new top end and desert tank.  The plastic isn't the best, but it runs out well and seems pretty solid. 

Just after I bought that bike, and through some odd circumstances, I was put in touch with a kid who had lost his job and was needing some cash.  He had an '04 KX250 with all black plastics, some kind of upgraded suspension, fatbar handlebars, FMF silencer, and new rear tire.  Like I said, he needed cash bad and I couldn't pass up the deal.  It has a little subframe/exhaust mount issue that I've posted about in a different area of the board, but other than that it's pretty decent.

I don't know what I'll do now.  I wouldn't mind keeping the '98, but I really don't think I need 2 dirtbikes.  Might end up selling it sometime this spring.  I'm enjoying riding it now though.  I kind of like the "old school" feel of it. 

Anyway, that's my introduction.   :-D

Offline KX500freak

• KX500 - Have a Wheelie good weekend
Re: New to the site. Just bought a couple bikes.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 07:00:52 PM »
wooooooow :-o

what a great place you have there,aargh
you can run around in there ain,t ya ,sweet man !!
Dutch Team Green 91-94-01 KX500