Author Topic: suspension  (Read 2242 times)

Rowdy-Yates

suspension
« on: October 20, 2007, 04:12:20 AM »
Hello all. I have not messed with suspension in a long time. I thought i would post here because you are all a wealth of information. When the front end gets loose at high speeds is that from the rear being to soft? Or is it that the front end is too soft? I think it is the rear but am not sure.

Offline kx666

Re: suspension
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 03:17:12 PM »
suspention is my weakest area, but what i have found is that stiff front suspention makes the front loose, softer ft suspention makes the ft track a little better. also keep in mind this changes if you go to the extremes. the biggest thing i reccomend is take detailed notes of every change you make.

i have noticed that the rear suspenton, bike geometry, rider weight and ridding possiton make a big differents. i am 6' 3" and my suspention settings are way off from my buddy who is 5'10"  good luck playing with your suspention

Rowdy-Yates

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 11:17:08 AM »
bump  btw ty kx6

Offline BDI

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 01:14:48 PM »
The best thing you can do is put the right springs in the bike for your weight, race tech has a calculator on their site that will tell you what you need. Then set your sag correctly this is very important. Then go find some whoops to test on, use the same section over and over so you can compare apples to apples. I like to start in the rear with the compression make adjustments one click at a time or you will jump right over the the correct setting and never adjust the compression and rebound at the same time tune one circuit at a time and you will learn real fast what effect it has on the way your bike handles. adjust it until it's to soft and then back it up to where you like it then adjust the rebound until it starts to pack and then back it off until it stops packing.  Be carefull if you go to far it will pack up and cause you to crash. Then do the same to the front if you do this correctly you will be ridding the best handling bike you have ever owned. If you do not want to put new springs right away you should still set your sag and tune your clickers.  Tunning the clickers will go alot faster than you think, if you do it this way. I start with the stock settings and I will put a note pad with pen and a screw driver beside the trail at the beginning so when I come back I can take notes and make adjustments.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 05:41:20 PM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!