Author Topic: almost refurbished bike....  (Read 1475 times)

kayx250

almost refurbished bike....
« on: April 19, 2008, 03:46:09 PM »
Let me know what you guys think...

I was wanting to build a kx 500/250 conversion and while I was waiting on a 500 to pop up for cheap on ebay I spotted this beuty...a 2005 kx 250 engine

for a measily 595 shipped!!!! so I had to snag it up. Well to get this thing mounted to my frame I needed to get the front engine mounts hacked off and new ones fabricated and also I needed the head stay mounts fabricated and the shop that did that for me also did powdercoating so he told me he would strip and powdercoat my whole frame for another $120 so I couldnt resist. After a new engine, new pipe, new mounts, and new paint and cleaning off the crap on the swingarm I think it looks pretty pimp...let me know what you guys think.

before:

and after:

dosent look like a whole lot has been done but I've replaced a lot of stuff on it since the top pic and on the first ride I couldnt believe how much more I like the power on the 05 eignine vs. the stock 03 engine the dilievery is like night and day....on the new engine its so smooth compared to the 03 it would just hit you in the face with all it had midrange and the 05 starts out nice and pulls more and more as you open the throttle and it actually has some overrev unlike the 03!!!!!!11!!!!1one!!! wheelies are so fun and controllable I couldnt stop myself from picking it up and just riding it and enjoying the breeze. :evil:

Offline The Flyin Hawaiian

Re: almost refurbished bike....
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 12:20:02 PM »
I never thought of doing a new motor swap into the older chassis. It definately peaked my interest!
A couple of 03 and 04 KXs, a few YZs, 3 PE 400s, a DR and a TS.