Author Topic: buyers inspection checklist  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Kawasakinut

• s#@t plus two equals eight
buyers inspection checklist
« on: January 29, 2008, 05:13:25 PM »
i decided to make this list because after riding for 25 years i thought i knew my way around a motorcycle. but i got the shaft anyway. always handy to have a checklist in hand, kind of like going to the grocery store
and forgetting what you set out to purchase. so

1.) ask the seller for reciepts
2.) check to see if motor is warm= correct me if i'm wrong but hard to tart bikes can be caused by lack of compression or other problems.
3.) set the bike on (the stand that you brought) with you
4.) ask the seller for the service manual and owners manual to the bike, sounds kind of funny but if the bike was  properly cared for they would at least have the service manual :wink: :wink:.
5.) take all plastics off the bike= to inspect the frame welds and all electical connectors.
6.) once you have the plastics offstart at the front check all mounting hardware for wear pinch bolts/axle bolts/caliper bolts/ levers/barmounts 
 7.) check for side play in the front wheel. spoke tension rough check   
htpp://www.youtube.com/jimvpa

DEZADX

Re: buyers inspection checklist
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 05:27:32 AM »
29.  Ask why they are selling the bike.  When they hesitate or/and stumble over there answer, thats usually an indication that they may be hiding something.  Sure, it might insult them, but remember you're there about a bike, not necessarily to make friends.