Author Topic: 640cc KX  (Read 15877 times)

mikesmith

640cc KX
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2005, 07:12:50 PM »
Is that for real,where do you put the foot peg?How do you make those bikes shine like that?

SandToyz

640cc KX
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2005, 10:33:21 PM »
Is that for real?
Yes

Where do you put the foot peg?
I'm using the stock one on same location, I'm using a small piece of an aluminum to be a bracket between the pipe and the foot peg.

How do you make those bikes shine like that?
When I received the pipe I didn?t have time to chrome it so I polish it with some oil to leave it as original metal color.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
640cc KX
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2005, 10:40:42 AM »
Does a pipe like that help the power? What is it compared to those cr500s? How does it feel overall? I have been looking for ways to better my KX on the drag strip and in the sand. Thanks

SandToyz

640cc KX
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2005, 05:22:13 PM »
CPI make this pipe specially for my motor spec. I didn't compare it with another shelf type pipes.
The bike running faster than the two CR500s we have.

mikesmith

640cc KX
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2005, 07:34:41 PM »
Sorry,I ment the bikes.Maybe its just the light,but all the bikes on your trailer really have a shine to them.What are you useing on your plastic after washing them?So does
 the bike have more power every where ,top end or low end?

SandToyz

640cc KX
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2005, 02:01:49 AM »
hehehe sorry.
I didn't use anything just wash them and that's it and the flash give a shine pics.
i feel the power from the 3rd gear and up till the 5th.
we are racing  up hill (hill shooter) for like 250 meter = 750 feet and the distance between the two bikes are more than 5 bikes length.

orderofsion

640cc KX
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2005, 05:51:47 AM »
surely the costs involved are huge , oneoff pistons ,stroked cranks oneoff exhausts . wouldnt it be cheaper and easier to sell your kx engine and fit a MTH or Zabel 700 . these can be picked up for ?1000 ($1900) and produce 85hp as standard also all the r&d is already done so no problems with carbs,jetting,exhausts etc mind you theres a guy in Oz working on a turbo f/injection cr500 !

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
640cc KX
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2005, 02:24:05 PM »
It's all about having a bike push it's limits. Also, the larger the bore, the slower the bike revs.

Offline KXcam22

640cc KX
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2005, 03:38:29 AM »
Sandtoyz,
  Do many guys run alcohol (in the bike of course ha ha)?  A friend of mine modified his rotax 640 for alcohol and it was neat to see the difference in power.  Had to drill a few passages in the carb and change the jetting.  With the huge mainjet the mileage was really bad.  It was tough to go on a ride without everyone in the group carying some fuel for him.  I recall seeing a mag article a few years back on doing this for a CR500 for a pikes peak type hillclimb. Cam.

SandToyz

640cc KX
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2005, 04:07:51 AM »
yes me and all the racers are running al cohol for our race bike and as you mentioned it is hard to use al cohol for dunning bike.
Yes you will gain some extra hp switching to methanol and this is from my experiance with our CR500 it was on Racing fuel then we switch to alky and we try it with the other bike and give it like three bikes up the hill, then we switch all our bike to al cohol.

nasty22

640cc KX
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2005, 07:37:37 AM »
I am new to this site and it is so awsome to know there are others in the universe who worship the K5 gods.I built a quad with an '86 KX500 engine but the vibes were too much.I am learning on this site that if your crank is worn then you get excess vibes. My cylinder had been redone with a borable liner that I later found out was a mistake.I need a crank and had considered a big bore and stroker crank with balancing.I wonder if it would hold up to MX in a quad.Not run hot and such.I need big power to punish those CRF powered quads.

orderofsion

640cc KX
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2005, 09:08:06 AM »
Hi there nasty22. I have heard that quads have a harder time with vibration compared to bikes because the engine vibes make the bike dance about the 4 wheels . There is a company in the states that makes a bolt on balancer shaft for excatly that problem to fit at least some mega 2/strokes . I will try to find their web address from my old paper records and post it a.s.a.p.

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
Re: 640cc KX
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 12:19:44 PM »
how are these motor holding up to the stroker cranks.