Author Topic: Front fork  (Read 2820 times)

Offline John

• http://www.hallbergs.net
Front fork
« on: August 14, 2003, 09:27:11 AM »
Hi all,

I have just submitted a review and posted a picture in the gallery. Take a look at my front fork and please tell me what it is. The bike is supposed to be a 89'er but the manual says I should be able to adjust the return damping on the top of the fork. :?:  I can only see the air-screw...

Any idea what's mounted on this bike?

Link - Top of front fork

/John

Offline demographic

Front fork
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 09:28:54 AM »
Dunno bout your forks, it's different from mine but mines a 90 model.

You should be able to check what year your bike is by looking up the frame/engine numbers in the manual, can with my Clymer manual anyway.

You can also write a letter to Kawasaki motors UK and they will send one back telling you what year it is which can be handy if your putting the bike on the road :wink:

Be aware that year of manifacture can be before the model year though.

For instance, mine was manifactured in 89 but is a 90 model.

Good luck

Offline GreenMachine

Front fork
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 02:09:08 PM »
I also have an '89. I know the book says that there should be an adjuster on the top but there is not one. I Have had the bike since brand new so I know it wasn't changed and thats exactly how mine looks.

I was woundering about you clutch pull. Whats up with that? Who makes it and how much does it change your pull?

Thanks,
Jody
Even the mightiest of oaks was once just a crazy nut that stood its ground.

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Front fork
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 02:25:26 PM »
Green Machine, that looks like the Easy Pull. I have one, they are approximately $40 US and not worth it to me, BUT... my clutch pulls very easy already - changed the route of the clutch cable, bought the Fly perch...

Offline John

• http://www.hallbergs.net
Easy pull?
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 09:52:40 PM »
Hello GreenMachine,

It seems like the manual lies about our front forks then...

The clutch thingie made a difference for me - not being the strongest amongst men... It was only ?15 ~ $24.
It does not make a great difference but once installed I will keep it. Check under reviews for more info and some pictures.

/John