Author Topic: Wide pegs for early years?  (Read 2818 times)

ShanMan

Wide pegs for early years?
« on: August 08, 2003, 02:37:20 AM »
Hiya gang. Anyone here ever own an earlier model KX....pre-'90's? I would very much like to get a set of IMS style wide pegs, but cannot find anything for the early bikes. As a last resort I suppose I could find an extra set of the early style ones and split them and weld them to the outside of my current pegs, but that I consider to be a last resort (as I don't weld). Any help would be appreciated.  :D

<EDIT> Can someone take a few pictures of their footpegs (both sides) on their newer ('89 to '03) bike so I can see just what exactly is different. I would be very greatful. Thanks in advance.

mikesmith

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 07:57:31 PM »
I know you dont weld,but ZipTyRacing.com or terrycable.com do sell weld on foot peg mounts that are veary strong that would let you run the newer style IMS or other brand of  pegs.Otherwise Id just weld a peg widener like Works Connection makes(not sure they still make it,but itd be easy to make your own).

kxtaz

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2003, 08:18:09 AM »
i modified stock pegs on my WR.I made them 1/2" wider by forming Strip of 1/4" flat steel then welding it around outside of peg.then i just ground and filed excess material off and cut grip grooves .here are a couple pics

ShanMan

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 04:40:45 AM »
Dayum! Now those are some mighty, meaty footpegs! Unfortunately for me, I have a long way to go to even make mine look like what yours did BEFORE you built them up. But, I will find a way to get late model KX5 pegs mounted, and then I can consider more options. Thanks for the pics!