Author Topic: somethings wrong  (Read 1379 times)

Offline mlstoner660

somethings wrong
« on: June 10, 2007, 08:24:11 AM »
Ok this is what happend yesterday.
Well I decided to take out the 500 to give it a quick run to make sure everything was working good. Well everything was going good bike was running bad ass started second kick like always. i take off riding and im cruising around for about 10 minutes everythings going good. well im coming back to the house about to pull in the drive way when i hear a noise like you never want to hear coming from your bike. It started making a kind of screeching noise not real loud but loud enough to make me turn it off immediatly. well i started it back up and pulled in the clutch and the motor sounded normal like it always does i let out the clutch while it was still in nuetral and i could feel it grab a lil bit and it started making the noise again.  so im hoping its just the plates wore out or something simple.
Well last night i took the clutch side cover off and the plates basket everything looks brand new no signs of anything wrong with the clutch. so now im thinking maybe it was a bearing (really im just guessing at it.) when i drained the oil i ran it through a couple of screens like BDI suggested and there was no trash, shavings or chunks in it which is a good thing. i was wondering if the clutch was out of adjustment could it have caused this? it was running good wasnt slipping or anything and the plates dont look grooved or burnt. i dont have a manual right now im going to have to wait till tuesday when the shops open to go order one. anybody have any ideas from what ive described to what it could be. going to put it back together and crank it again to see what happens. see if its still making the noise which i dont see why it wouldnt be. if it is im going to tear it down split the cases and go from there. also is the clutch basket supposed to have any play? i have it apart right now and if i grab opposite sides off the basket and wiggle them up and down theres some play. not to much but it does wiggle. any help is appreciated.
minor set backs bring major come backs

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
Re: somethings wrong
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 10:57:51 AM »
The bearing for rod that push topplate of clutch. :wink:
Iceroad champion 2006,still 2007,even 2008 without a single race!