Author Topic: Carb. intake boot small cracks?  (Read 2073 times)

jigggawatt

Carb. intake boot small cracks?
« on: March 29, 2007, 11:50:53 AM »
My 01 has small cracks on the intake/ reed boot. They look shallow should I put a new one on? In the past I've replaced them but I wonder how fast would they reaccur on a new one.

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
Re: Carb. intake boot small cracks?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 12:43:48 AM »
My bike had a boot on it with some surface cranks. I bought another one off a memeber here that was new and replaced mine. The old boot was fine just surfaces cracks. The new one has been on bike for year and no cracks. You will need one soon or later.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 01:45:52 AM »
My bike had a boot on it with some surface cranks. I bought another one off a memeber here that was new and replaced mine. The old boot was fine just surfaces cracks. The new one has been on bike for year and no cracks. You will need one soon or later.

I agree, that is why I initially replaced mine. It didn't need it, but wanted to be safe rather than sorry. I replaced it, then purchased a rad valve. :-(

jigggawatt

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 01:50:58 AM »
I'l order one today. I thought about the rad valve ,but I like my jetting and don't what to screw with it. Trying to keep all the up keep with the kids bikes , I run out of time.