Author Topic: Dunes!!!!  (Read 1963 times)

Offline kx666

Dunes!!!!
« on: November 30, 2006, 02:49:48 PM »
Hello everyone

it does not feel that good to be back from the dunes.

i had an awsome time!! and i saw a lot more K5s than usual.  there was a lot of rain before the wind came, witch left all of the edges of the dunes torn up (like usual this time of year). Friday was raining hard (found a new leak in the trusty camper), satrday was  perfect, blue sky, still cool.

one of the k5s that was down there was owned by a guy who races hydro-planes and his bike was compleatly built, ported/polished, milled head weghted flywheel boyseen reeds, balanced crank, stuffed cases and many more... by J $ D racing. i have heard good things from j & D.  My k5 was running good, not her best but still really good, i tryed some different gearing for S&G's (15f-42r) but it was a little tall for the hills (only could pull 3rd up large hills) but i think that will be my gearing when i am done building my bike to my plans (i am just a young guy learning how to grind away).  i raced this gentalman a number of times, until i felt bad for the guy and backed off the 1/2 throttle (it looked like i was racing a 125  :-P ).

the guy camped next to me had a cooler that was gas powered, and yes it holds a 6 pack AND YOU CAN GRAB A BEER WILE DRIVING IT!!
he also had a Margeritta maker that was gas powered w/ handlebars

oh yeah i almost forgot both of my legs are out of commition for "6-10 weeks" according to my doc (but what does he know)

Offline kx666

Re: Dunes!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 02:56:09 PM »
i forgot to list  the offerings to the god of speed are as following:

Banshee:
            *cluch
            *reed valves
            *cluch basket
            * top end
Kx500:
            *Radiator shroud
            *flag holder
            * Flag
            * Flag holder mount
Banshee #2:
              Nothing

i think i did pritty goodthis trip

Offline MadKaw

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 04:33:28 PM »
sounds like a good time had by all.
Deviate from the Norm!
Father!...The sleeper has Awaken!!!

2001 Harley Sportster xlh1200
'73 Suzuki GT550
'75 Suzuki GT550
'74 Kawasaki Z1 900
'79 Yamaha GT80
'93 KX500*******
'84 Yamaha Riva 180z scooter
08 Q-link Pegasus scooter first new rid

Offline FPMXer

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 02:57:09 PM »
So which bike did you wad on to break both legs?? I'm guessing that is what you meant by both legs out of commission right?  :-) I always prefer the dunes after it rains makes the sand nice and tacky. But get healed up and get back out there.
99' KX134 Track Bike

97' KX60 Jr's bike

89' CR500 Dune Missle

87' Mojave KSF250

My blood is green and also red!

Offline kx666

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 01:59:55 AM »
i came up short on a jump on the kx. she threw me over the bars, landed on my left leg wile my right leg was grabbed by the paddle tire.

i am trying to get some pics to post of the dunes, it was perfect!