Author Topic: CR KX interchangable jetting  (Read 2124 times)

2001KX5

CR KX interchangable jetting
« on: May 15, 2006, 12:04:26 AM »
The kawi dealer takes so long to get things in here I usually deal with the local honda dealer ship when can. So if I want to change my main jet before the weekend my only hope is the honda dealer.

So what year cr's have jets that fit the big dog? I need to get a 170 and one step below a 168.

The TG jetting table calls for a 170 main with neddle in the second position. I'm running a 168 with needle in the thrid position. On warm days above 10c the top end is slugish.  On cool days the bike freaking rips! Plus the Eric Gorr mobetter every where should put me a bit lower in the jetting.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
Re: CR KX interchangable jetting
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 12:14:50 AM »
Yes, all dealers SHOULD have your jets. Most CR's have Kehins carbs. Just go to the dealer and ask for your Jet size for a Kehin Carb. they will have it, I picked up 50% of my jets from the local Honda dealership as it isn't a drive to get them from the Kawasaki dealership here.

Offline KXcam22

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 02:52:19 AM »
My  old 87 CR500 jets fit right in the KX and my buddies 300XC. Same carb although the CR pilot range is way smaller than the KX but same as the 300. The main range is pretty close. Cam.

Offline demographic

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 06:32:25 AM »
Errrrrr, they are just Kehhin mainjets.

Almost any MX bike shop should have em.