Author Topic: KX500 Pipe  (Read 5929 times)

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
KX500 Pipe
« on: April 21, 2003, 06:42:02 AM »
Hey guys, I'm going to change my pipe that I've got, as it is now dented to heck. I am thinking about trying to ebay a new or in good condition stock exhaust for a KX500. I think I like stock the best, from everything I've read, I think stock is the best for me. I had Eric-Gorr do a top-end port on it, and I really like the bottom end it has too. So, I'm afriad if I go with a Baja pipe it will destroy the low-end and if I go with a Gnarly, it will kill my Top-end, so I'm really enjoying the power that the stocker is giving me. But, I've never used anything else, I don't want to sacrifice the top-end, but I'd rather sacrifice the bottom for the top. I really like stock. But, I don't know. What would you guys recommend? And do any of you'll have a stock pipe that you'd like to sell? My KX was just wreaked and put a pretty sorry dent in the pipe. So, I'm just looking for a decent stocker, unless you guys think otherwise.. Thanks,

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
KX500 Pipe
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 07:15:19 AM »
Why not a good overall pipe like the FMF Fatty? It's still available for the KX500.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
KX500 Pipe
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2003, 07:31:53 AM »
I had a Fatty for my YZ250, before I sold it, it did seem to maintain everything except a big more overall.. I'm not sure, or don't know if it just boosts everything, I like the hit, you know, if the fatty is a boost everywhere, (does not calm the hit), I'm all for it, I guess. I'll look into it. Still curious if anybody has a stocker laying handy they'd like to sell. I'd like to have both..

Does anybody or has anybody used the Fatty on the KX500? If so, what gains, loss?

Thanks

Z1R

why not....
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 11:34:54 AM »
Ask the folks @ Eric Gorr's shop?  They will probably know 'the best' pipe to match the work you've had done.

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
KX500 Pipe
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 11:43:19 AM »
Quote from: gowen

Does anybody or has anybody used the Fatty on the KX500? If so, what gains, loss?

Thanks

Thats the pipe I have. It's just better, everywhere, than my stock pipe was, the power is stronger and smoother.

tomasaki

KX500 Pipe
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2003, 04:52:28 PM »
My '01KX500 is bone stock.  I can't imagine increasing the power!  I can barely handle it now!  I rarely use more than 1/2 throttle and I'm usually at low rpm's.  It seems uncontrollable at higher rpms and throttle.  The only thing I dont' like much is the exhaust sounds like a friggin Duck!!!  Quaaaaaaack. :oops:

yzmike

Pipes
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2003, 04:25:36 AM »
Expansion chambers :D  Modern miracles of the 20th century :!:    Reading the comentary about the different pipes, everyone is correct. We all know these pipes do exactly what their designed for. The factory uses an exponential equation to balloon the volume up from the 250 dimensions, thus a pipe that fits, it is cheap to stamp out, and overall powerband reaction. Aftermarket companies design flow characteristics , use better materals  :idea:  And best of all! They make it shiny shiny, pretty pretty 8). I have an fmf and its so dented it probably flows like a stocker :(   So my next pipe will be a thick gnarly bad boy with good low end :twisted: