Author Topic: Howdy, y'all  (Read 3697 times)

Offline Lincoln

Howdy, y'all
« on: January 26, 2006, 01:10:06 PM »
So I've been nibbling at this forum for a couple of years now, off and on.  Got busy with life and work and stuff and let my bike(s! sacrilige...) live outside and uncovered for a couple years, too.  I've been piecing the KX back togethor of late, and I've got to say something about how amazingly knowledgeable and almost noble you are all in working through ideas, issues, and sometimes the issues folks bring with them unawares to this forum.  I don't recognize everyone by name yet, but some are becoming famiar.  It really is an amazing thing, isn't it, this forum?  Cheers and thanks for all the effort and the really, really good steering.  Lincoln

Lincoln Peters
Forest Falls, CA (but grew up in Needles)
I ride the local deserts and would like to take advantage of the San Bernarino NF's fire roads, but for the licensed vehicles-only thing.  I'm thinking hard about a plated KTM 520/525 right now while also getting a battered KX500 back on it's legs(frozen rear caliper, sprockets & chain, new carb, reeds, jetting, carb boot, new shoes, and ultimately replacing probably everything but those da(n plastics.
Barn's burned down
Now I can see
The moon

hoopty

RE: Howdy, y
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 01:16:18 PM »
Welcome, where is Forest Falls in relation to to the Imperial Sand Dunes? I'm gonna try to get these AZ people to go over prior to the summer heat setting in and you're welcome to join us :)

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
RE: Howdy, y'all
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 01:31:52 PM »
Welcome, Lincoln

Danger
KX 500 Rider

effzee

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 02:44:25 PM »
hey hoopty! i am planning a buttercup trip for my wifes birthday in early march, would love to see you and anyone else interested there. i believe it will be the weekend of march 4&5. have a couple of friends going with us and our dogs!

Offline Spider

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 02:46:36 PM »
Welcome

Dale

Offline Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 05:07:39 PM »
Imperial Dunes is South and East about equal parts and maybe about a hundred miles as the crow flies.  I was at Ocotillo Wells for the first time last weekend and am finally over, I think, my wariness of the "How can they afford all those toys" Glamis Gone Wild group, and what associated prejudices I've built up about that part of the desert.  I looked around and three of my friends had toy haulers, happily hauling kids and toys.  I guess I have only to blame ignorance (because the folks my age are finally able to do something we never before understood: refinancing) and jealousy.  Beautiful out there this time of year as long as the wind doesn't blow too hard.  Real dry so far, too.  I'd love to go if I can... thanks.  Forest Falls is nearest probably to San Bernardino, the armpit of Southern California, but acts more like Flagstaff with a thousand people and no cinders.  If you look Northeast from the 10 it's up at about 6,000'.
Barn's burned down
Now I can see
The moon

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 08:14:00 AM »
Hi Lincoln, those Cali Dunes sound mighty inviting, but the drives a bit much. If you're ever in Michigan stop by and we can do Silver Lake Dunes. I am told it is similar to Glamis, smaller but cleaner, due to it being a "live" dune.
  Sorry about your 500, shame to leave it outside, sounds like a few bucks for your dealer and a few for ebay. Then you should be up and flying.  
  John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline olddirtrider

• MRKX5
Re: Howdy, y'all
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 08:22:55 AM »
Welcome to the kxriders.com !  We are making lots of changes days and it will take some time to get all the kinks worked out! Please bare with us as it will take some time to figure out where the bugs are and then fix them!

Thanks for your patience !

Alan aka Olddirtrider  :-D :-D :-D
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
   700V - 2-KX500's - 700P
     Kawie Mean Streak

My Photo Album
http://www.pitbull-racing.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=13

Offline Lincoln

Re: Howdy, y'all
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 01:38:32 PM »
Don't worry about a thing... there's too much good stuff on the site for anyone to really be turned off by growing pains.  And to the other newbs, read, read, read... this is the definitive kx500 forum.
Barn's burned down
Now I can see
The moon