Author Topic: Steering dampener  (Read 3101 times)

RD2race

Steering dampener
« on: September 01, 2005, 03:36:30 AM »
Hey i was wondering where i could get a fatbar kit and a daperner post for a GPR stabalizer and the great KX5. any suggestions?

mikesmith

RE: Steering dampener
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 08:14:16 PM »
Scotts sells theres in a kit with pro-Tapers and Im sure GPR does the same but with Fat-Bars,so you may try them.Or GPR for the post and Moto Sport,Rockt Mtn mc, or Denniskirk for the bars and mount.

Offline Spider

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 11:51:54 PM »

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 01:03:37 PM »
I got all the mounting brackets right from GPR , they will even custom make whatever it takes to put a GPR stabilizer on anything.  They will take a phone order, go right out in thier shop, fab the brackets and ship it to you quick. I really like thier service.
  Just a side note, I have been running the GPR for years and the arm that goes on the bottom of the stabilizer likes to work loose. I simply drill the arm and add one set screw , that solves the problem for good.
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline machine

Steering dampener
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 03:08:20 PM »
Call GPR an d ask for Shane, he'll set you up right!!!

Offline Johnniespeed

Steering dampener
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 12:50:44 PM »
Ok So my four year old GPR steering damper stopped dampening, I love the thing so much I would buy another new one anyway, but I decided to see if GPR could just fix my old one. I UPS the damper from Michigan to California on Monday, on Friday I get  a damper back. It was a brand new 8 clicker model, anodized green. Now I sent them an old style 6 clicker black one.  There was no charge at all !  Randy really took care of me.  I recomend this company and product to everyone. What an outstanding example of great customer service.  I want everyone reading this to know just how well GPR takes care of its customers.  
    If my silencer company would repack my silencer for free, if my tire company would replace my tires for free, if my sprocket company would just replace my sprockets for free, how about pistons for free?
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline Ramski

Steering dampener
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 06:34:14 PM »
GPR supports it's customer FAR better than any of them.  Is there's any better than the others?  Probably not much of a difference, but customer support is VERY important in this business!!!

My brother is very good friends with Randy and his father Ralph at GPR.  They are the nicest people out there!!!  No one supports it's riders better.  They've hooked more people up with stuff than any other and are always happy to have people stop by their support truck and chat. :)
Danny Lesovsky

Offline Johnniespeed

Steering dampener
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 03:36:44 AM »
Four years ago I could no longer tolerate the headshake in my 82 cr250.  Fast bike but had this shake thing, after reading as much as I could at the time, I started calling the manufacturors to find a kit to fit that antique CR, I got ahold of Ralph, Randys dad. He told me what measurements to take, after I gave them to him, He went right out in the shop, milled the needed brackets and shipped them to me, I had the  whole kit in a three days. Then when that bike seemed slow I got the Brand New KX500, transfered the dampener to it and been enjoying it ever since.  What other company will custom make a bracket kit in a rush ? Most companies dont even want to talk to you if your bike isnt a current popular model. And for them to replace the dampener for free, four years later, is unbelievable.
  I am still so impressed with thier service. They deserve success.
 2004 KX500 E16

mikesmith

Steering dampener
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 06:51:28 AM »
I run a Scotts and havent had any problems with it,but it sounds like you cant beat GPR for customer satisfaction!