Author Topic: shift lever adjustment?  (Read 2178 times)

Kaveman42

shift lever adjustment?
« on: June 14, 2005, 12:33:27 PM »
How do I adjust my shift lever? Its too low for me and I have a hard time fitting my foot in there and shifting.

Offline KXcam22

shift lever adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 02:13:51 PM »
Kave,
  Easy. Pull out the bolt all the way, pull the shift lever off the splines, re-position it, push it back on the splines and put thebolt back in. Make sure the bolt is tight and use a dab of blue locktight so the bolt stays.  I prefer to run my shifter a bit high to keep it out of harms way.  On the KX it is wise to locktight all of the bolts.  My exception (from experience) is the brass inserts in the tank and the nut on the rubber pipe mounts. Both tend to self destruct on removal after they have been locktighted. Hope this helps. Cam.

Kaveman42

shift lever adjustment?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 06:33:30 PM »
Thanks Cam. I put it up a notch but now it touches the chain when sifting up.  :cry:  Guess I just have to deal with it or buy an aftermarket one. Any suggestions?

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
shift lever adjustment?
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 03:30:31 AM »
You may have an aftermarket one now and it's not the right bend to fit your bike. Your bike my have the wrong shifter.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline Arigato

shift lever adjustment?
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 03:51:50 AM »
Can you take a picture of it?

Kaveman42

shift lever adjustment?
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 06:13:52 PM »
Quote from: Arigato
Can you take a picture of it?

Ya Ill take a picture tomorrow. I think its stock cus it looks exactly like the one in the owners manual.