Author Topic: What are your maintenance intervals?  (Read 1910 times)

Offline jcm3

What are your maintenance intervals?
« on: January 07, 2015, 07:55:14 AM »
Since the bike is practially new with all of the recent work, I want to do a good job of keeping track of the maintenance intervals.  Some of the things, like transmission oil changes (5 hours) and air filter cleanings/oilings (every ride) I already do.  But, some of the other stuff I won't really need to do for a while and they didn't have hour meters back when I used to ride two strokes growing up.

What do you guys do for the following, or any others that I ddn't think of?  I put some numbers down as guesses, but not sure if they are on track.  Yes, I have a manual, but don't know many people that replace their clutch plates and piston/rings every five races.  lol  Just looking for some real world experience considering I no longer race and just play around on the track with some occasional trail/desert riding trips.

I don't ride as much as I used to, so I may do these more often if it takes me two years to hit 25 hours or something.

I probably forgot a lot of things, but putting a few things down to get my thought process going.   :-D

When needed
brake pads
chain, guild, sprockets

When I think about it
lube clutch cable
tighten spokes

Every ride
air filter clean/oil
check all of the bolts (sometimes after each track session)

Every 5 hours
transmission oil change

Every 25 hours
power valve cleaning
bearing re-grease/replace
coolant flush
repack silencer
brake fluid flush

Every 50 hours
piston/ring replacement
clutch plates and springs
suspension service/rebuild if needed
2000 KX500 - Tom Morgan motor, RG3 suspension, EBC oversized front brake rotor - lots-o-fun