Author Topic: kx 500 setting float level ?????  (Read 3445 times)

Offline jc5057

kx 500 setting float level ?????
« on: December 07, 2014, 04:07:22 PM »
So I have a 2001 K500  It ran perfect jetting wise with a leaky float bowl gasket so I go and put a new bowl gasket and now its rich.  I let the bowl fill with gas then drain it in  ration rite 2.5 ounces filled to the brim top not good. Book say adjust to 15 to 17mm its  a pain to do that

So I settled on 2 ounces when you turn gas on now 2 ounces fills bowl till floatvalve shuts that is the bowl a little more than half full versus filled to the top

SO I am hoping this works I started it and it idels clean and sounds better will take for a test hit tomorrow any suggestions on a easier to set

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: kx 500 setting float level ?????
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 05:58:32 PM »
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline jc5057

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 11:18:15 AM »
Well I got home today from work early and toof the K5 out after messing with the float level results she now idles and runs real clean and pulls hard it was a success Question though   I am sea level and and between 50 to 69 degrees I feel it needs a bigger main will a 170 work  current jetting is a 55 pilot and 168 main and stock needle on 3rd groove runs good but when on the main feels like it could use a little more fuel or perhaps a 172

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 03:41:46 PM »
Sure, you can run 170 or 172.
I'd do some throttle chops and see where your at before you change it out.
Worst case is you will burn more fuel and get a little blubbery on top if you over jet.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline jcm3

2000 KX500 - Tom Morgan motor, RG3 suspension, EBC oversized front brake rotor - lots-o-fun