Author Topic: Shop Mess  (Read 15808 times)

Offline ylwgtr

Re: Shop Mess
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2013, 08:02:10 PM »
Righto boys...I'm not real proud of it,but I am....is this a comp?coz I reckon I'd win....this is only half of it  :-D

Offline TJXK

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2013, 09:39:02 PM »
I think we need to separate the shop messes from the garage messes.  I can't compete with the above.

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2013, 08:05:46 AM »

ylwgtr,

I spy a Gamma......
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline ylwgtr

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2013, 08:19:55 AM »
Yes!!!i have two of them

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2013, 06:46:42 PM »
Is that your business?!?! Client stuff or a mix? Mixing station and all! You are correct though, either way, that wins in my book.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 06:49:07 PM by Brute »
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Offline ylwgtr

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2013, 08:00:28 PM »
Hahaha yeah mostly my stuff and clients bikes ....I've got over 40 bikes/three wheelers and tons of NOS stuff for them and finding room is a big issue  :-D the floors not usually that full of crap...it's due for a clean up ...funny thing is...I still know where everything is!!!Another amazing thing is people often mention "geeze I love coming here it's like a step back in time...you don't see places like this anymore,I can relate to this place coz it looks like my garage at home"  :-D ...I have a huge amount of customers that keep coming back because there's no "excuse me don't go past that line there" or bloke around the back working on there things without them seeing what's going on....to be honest i don't want to deal with the people that expect to see a spotless and surgical gloves being worn whilst doing a job for them...I find people are happy to watch how things get done and learn something at the same time...I've had many a compliment by clients by them watching me doing something...and it's far easier to get them to pay after they have witnessed what it takes to the job.I have the only place that has an NC machine,paint booth/tinting system,global jig moto jig chassis alignment bench,scheibner digital chassis measuring system,bending equipment,graphic printing machine,wheel rolling equipment,chassis building,carbon fibre autoclave and TIG welding TI,MAG,SS and AL all under the one roof so there lots of interesting things to see/learn

Offline TJXK

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2013, 09:51:50 PM »
That's how my uncle's old shop for cars was.  I miss that sort of environment.  I think that modern shops don't allow people to roam now days (in the states) because of insurance purposes or the possibility of theft.

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 07:07:12 PM »
Hahaha yeah mostly my stuff and clients bikes ....I've got over 40 bikes/three wheelers and tons of NOS stuff for them and finding room is a big issue  :-D the floors not usually that full of crap...it's due for a clean up ...funny thing is...I still know where everything is!!!Another amazing thing is people often mention "geeze I love coming here it's like a step back in time...you don't see places like this anymore,I can relate to this place coz it looks like my garage at home"  :-D ...I have a huge amount of customers that keep coming back because there's no "excuse me don't go past that line there" or bloke around the back working on there things without them seeing what's going on....to be honest i don't want to deal with the people that expect to see a spotless and surgical gloves being worn whilst doing a job for them...I find people are happy to watch how things get done and learn something at the same time...I've had many a compliment by clients by them watching me doing something...and it's far easier to get them to pay after they have witnessed what it takes to the job.I have the only place that has an NC machine,paint booth/tinting system,global jig moto jig chassis alignment bench,scheibner digital chassis measuring system,bending equipment,graphic printing machine,wheel rolling equipment,chassis building,carbon fibre autoclave and TIG welding TI,MAG,SS and AL all under the one roof so there lots of interesting things to see/learn

Daaannnggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to come and hang out at your shop! Sounds like good times to me! Sounds just like my shop. Well, minus some of the equipment. Ok, most of the equipment, but other then that it is the same!  :-P
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...