Author Topic: 2003 KX 250 Build Log  (Read 2188 times)

Offline showpump

2003 KX 250 Build Log
« on: June 07, 2015, 03:41:35 PM »
Hey All!

I recently purchased this KX250 for $1800. Its a fairly clean bike but is still 12 years old. I am going to revamping it from looks to replacing bearings, hoses, etc. Ive taken it on a few rides and went to Johns Peak in Oregon. Ran flawlessly. I am wanting to start racing, mostly motocross but also grand prix as well. I am only a few weeks into the build so my pictures are not the best as I just decided to start a log. I will be sure to take a lot more pictures though.

This is the only pic I have of it before I did anything to it.

So, I plan on doing a host of things.

First is a new set of graphics and numbers. I also ordered new wheel bearings, steering stem bearings, and front brake pads. Also, suspension is going to get a rebuild, I wish I could afford to revalve it. Maybe one day. And much much more of course.

Here is a pic of the front end apart. Sent off the shocks and am going to start on the bearings here in a couple days.

Offline KevinTwoStk

Re: 2003 KX 250 Build Log
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 06:46:17 PM »
Nice ride! I'm a big fan of the '03 KX's.

Grand Prix is a lot of fun...at least from what I've experienced in the So Cal Big 6 series. The amount of seat time is what I like the most, along with the variety of terrain.

Keep the pics coming...