Author Topic: 2013 MRAN on the K5  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
2013 MRAN on the K5
« on: March 31, 2013, 03:54:27 AM »
So just to start this off MRAN is "motorcycle racing association of Navada"  they hold 10 desert races a year, 4 grand prix and 4 desert night races, most are based off of Las Vegas and surrounding areas. Well this year starting on january 26th i've been racing the big k5. MRAN however is not all wide open desert, a lot of the races have very technical hill climbs, huge rock sections and the occasional trials area. The clubs that hold each race are some awesome people to hang around and they put on some crazy cool races, not to mention it is very well priced. $50 for a season MRAN card and $50 per race, this is cheap compared to the $600 entry fee to iron man the vegas to reno + $250 for a best in the desert card and huge amounts of money in prep, tires, wheels ect ect for a 650 mile point to point race. Any how i figured i'd start this thread to let you guys know whats going on, how i do and maybe get some locals interested.

I'm running Open Novice on my 2001 kx500, luck or not i've been doing pretty good for being the only person racing a kx500 haha
The 2-smoke runs deep in this one...

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
Re: 2013 MRAN on the K5
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 04:14:08 AM »
The first race of the year was held by the gamblers club on jan 26th, there were hundreds of hundreds of cactus at this race, scary but doable haha. oddly enough here in navada there was complete black out with fog. viability was about 10-15 yards in front of you. But fog be d**ned we raced on.  the race was at cresent peak which is between nipton and searchlite, my class had to do 2 36 mile laps.
The track started in a deep pegravel wash for probably 9 miles. Next challenge was a stupidly huge rocky steep hill climb, no match for the big K5 though even though with the fog you could not see the top. And again, another hill climb, and another three of the nasty hills ive ever seen on a trail, those hills you see on your bike and turn around, yeah though ones. Took me 4 hours to go 72 miles, Took first in class and 99th overall.  could not be happier about the race.

not mine but heres a video of the race. "epic conditions"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXqq8wOWGBU
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:15:56 AM by Ims Roll »
The 2-smoke runs deep in this one...

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: 2013 MRAN on the K5
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 04:27:30 AM »
Way to go keeping the K5 at the top of the pack!
I bet there's a lot of 4T guys knocking themselves in the head wondering how it's possible  :-D
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.