Author Topic: My First KX5  (Read 5539 times)

Offline E ticket rider

• Born to lose, live to win
My First KX5
« on: November 13, 2012, 11:18:06 AM »
Now I did it! I found myself with a 1989 KX500 in the back of my truck, in need of restoring. I get it home, unload into the shop, the wife walks in and thats when the fight started! :-D JK! Shes cool with it.
So I found this fourm and it has more info than the rest of the inter net!
I line in S.E. New Mexico, and ride a 2K XR650R.
I just about finnished my XRR and started looking for a Open Class MX bike and found this
 shes ROUGH! but shell buff out!!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day!
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night , Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life!

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: My First KX5
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 11:21:15 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum.
If you get the K5 up and going you will find that it will put a smile on your face compared to the XR.
I liked all my XR650R's but I love my K5's :-)
Keep us updated on your progress.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:21:32 AM »
Welcome to the site....and that's not that rough,I've seen ALOT worse and look brand new again!!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline E ticket rider

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 01:28:43 PM »
Thanks guys!
 Ive had worse!
 I yanked and cleaned the carb the day it came home, 3 slow kicks, and one good one and she started right up! And hell yah I terrorized the neighborhood! (there gettin used to it!) that's how she earned "E-Ticket Ride"!  it came with all the plastics, but there all trashed, even the tank is trashed! The frame looks straight, but the sub is trashed, Ill post a trash pile when I tear into it!! The motor feels real good! And the WHEELS ARE REALY STRAIGHT!!
The suspention is realy cush, Im a big guy, 6'1'', 275#. I think the rear spring need to be tighter, I dont know the rates. Ive seen them from 5.0 to 6.somthing.
I want to make this a rider, trail/dune rocket, and I dont want the rear tire to chew the fender up every weekend!

I think its been looped out a few times! This is my first KX. Im liking it!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day!
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night , Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life!

Motorrad

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 05:34:01 PM »
where bouts in NM?   Looking to relocate there myself..

Offline E ticket rider

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 03:29:15 AM »
Im in Artesia, between Carlsbad and Roswell.

Offline E ticket rider

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 03:31:05 AM »
We moved out here from San Diego in 2010.

Motorrad

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 04:20:40 AM »
Hah funny I'm in San Diego looking at moving to the outskirts of Alamogordo .

Artisia. Is that the town with all the oil rig statues on the main street through town?
Believe I rode through there about 1.5 months ago
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 04:27:19 AM by Motorrad »

Offline E ticket rider

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 05:11:13 AM »
Thats the town! Whats bringing you out here?

Offline E ticket rider

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 05:13:20 AM »
Alamogordo is just over the hill! Some good mnt trail riding in Cloudcroft.

Offline E ticket rider

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 04:02:30 PM »
So I got some plastik

She's slow going...but she'll come around!