Author Topic: Alloy frame enduro trike!!!!  (Read 9173 times)

Offline ylwgtr

Alloy frame enduro trike!!!!
« on: December 30, 2013, 08:20:49 PM »
Not a kawasaki but I've just started building this...2012 rmz250 with an LT500R engine and swingarm/axle ect....Machined 6.5mm off each outside of the swingarm pushed the bearings in and machined the spacers down and she fits like a beauty .... Will chop the under cradle and front down tube in the next few days..I've sized it up and I might even remove the frame spares and run crf450x ones as they are a bit longer...the LT engine is quite long...I will also be removing the head stock and making/fitting a billet one....this fella will be full road registered :)

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: Alloy frame enduro trike!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 01:37:32 AM »
 I love it!!...these big bore trike builds are insane.
A buddy had a new 87 Quadzilla back in the day....I myself never got into the 3-4 wheelers too much...but a 500cc trike would be a lot of fun!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 02:50:18 AM »
This should be a cool build and street legal?
I'll be watching  8-)
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline ylwgtr

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 10:52:00 PM »
All I can say is that this thing will be all motor!!!!!Chopped up the frame a bit more today worked out that I'm going to have to run a very high Y piece (like the first alloy frame cr's).Theres a couple of ideas that I have and that's to run the under cradle very wide to clear the exhaust valve chamber inspection window/ governor rod on the RH side and of course that means I will have excessive room on the left...or completely chop it off,weld up the hole into the clutch cover and control the valve by a servo motor....I'm going to have a bit more of a think on it.....here's a pic of the engine before I rotated it forward to its final position

Offline Enginerd

• Big Bore Addict!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 01:56:42 AM »
Let me just say.....THIS ROCKS!  :mrgreen:

I'll be eagerly awaiting more progress pics!  :wink:

Motorrad

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 01:36:12 PM »
wow.  your putting several of my loves together.

open class 2T.
Trikes.
and bikes that have licenseplates that probably shouldnt.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 01:40:03 PM by Motorrad »

Offline ylwgtr

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 02:51:27 PM »
I have 9 trikes in total!!!86 tecate,87tecate,85 Tri-z,86 Tri-z,85 atc250r,86 atc250r,85atc250r with cr500 engine,78 atc70  and a 92 kx100 converted into a mini tecate :) here's a pic of some...they take up a lot of room so it's hard to get them all in the same place at once!!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 07:36:46 AM by ylwgtr »

Offline ylwgtr

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 02:56:05 PM »
The 87 tecate is by far my most favourite...I take it out every chance I get...poor thing gets the guts flogged out of it :( but it certainly shows the banshee who's boss...it was great era of motocross engines and its so reliable
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:58:12 PM by ylwgtr »

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 03:07:54 PM »
I think Motorrad just wet himself with all those 3 wheelers...  :-)

Oh, and just curious, what are you going to call this 3 wheeler that is street legal?

LTZ500 Tri-tard?
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline ylwgtr

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 03:09:53 PM »
heres the little kx100 when i was half way through it....i will get some pics of the finishe product next time im where its stored....these were before i had finihed it with the front end done :)

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 10:23:05 PM »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 10:35:09 AM »

any updates?...been a while :-D

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 05:45:43 PM »
I'm wet and jealous :P I Love T3's I had an 85 Flogged the crap out of it until the flywheel exploded and destroyed the case, stator, and crank. It's in Kawi heaven now :(

I want to see this mini T3 you talk about.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.