Author Topic: KX "feel" between K (94-98) L (99-02) and M (03+) bikes?  (Read 2045 times)

Offline chuck671

KX "feel" between K (94-98) L (99-02) and M (03+) bikes?
« on: October 15, 2012, 11:52:37 AM »
Hey Folks,

Long time 89 KX250 rider here (and nice to see several others on the board!) who's lurked for a while, but first post.  Pretty much ride B level practice MX.

Got a stock 05 KX125 last year for a change of pace from my comfy 23 year old "couch" and have ridden it several times.  Runs great, light and agile, but the seat's hard and skinny and bike itself feels SO (too?) thin.  The front end feels like it rides high, but bars are normal height, forks and shock sag are correct...guess that's part of the newer bike "feel."

Anyway, I'm just not particularly comfortable on it and was considering going another direction.  A green direction, though...had/loved my 85 KX125, 88 KX125 and my 89 250!  Thought I wanted/needed a change of pace, but maybe went too far?

Looks like a lot of you have ridden the different KXs, and was wondering how the K series and L series bikes "felt"...especially compared to the newest M series and/or an 89. 

Appreciate the input!

Chuck

Offline KXDINO

Re: KX "feel" between K (94-98) L (99-02) and M (03+) bikes?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 10:21:17 PM »
Chuck i think you should try them all if you can, opinion can vary from one to another ,just different set ups in suspension ,handlebars etc etc,can change a bike feeling,even a after market seat feels different.I like them all ,its just a matter of setting it up to suit you.