Author Topic: who knows this bike????  (Read 3989 times)

Offline conbread

who knows this bike????
« on: April 15, 2013, 01:54:15 PM »
anyone know anything about this bike.. i may be going to get it..

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mcy/3606239554.html

Motorrad

Re: who knows this bike????
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 02:12:43 PM »
anyone know anything about this bike.. i may be going to get it..

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mcy/3606239554.html

what you want to know?   add sums it up?

or you hoping its a members bike?

Offline conbread

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 02:18:37 PM »
was hoping it was a members bike, or a members buddys bike.. seems like a killer deal on it.. and ill be riding 2000 miles to pick it up...

its deff how i would wana do one...

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 02:55:41 PM »
its a 92 or 91 if those are the original forks........paddle tire says he is a dune rider which means there is always the possibility that this machine was tortured and neglected......Sure does come with alot of goodies that could net you more than he is asking if you part it out.  Don't wanna sound negative but if you are gonna drive a distance to buy it I want you to consider these things.  Good luck. :wink:
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline Charlie500

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »
"Hinson clutch basket and plates w/ Factory Racing clutch cover" Whats that worth??? Bike looks bad ass to me, I love the way that silencer looks.... sticks out d**n near past the fender! lol  :mrgreen:
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Offline conbread

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 03:13:05 PM »
well it doesnt say much about the motor on the bike, but it has to s of good parts on it
it deff has the tank and pipe i was wanting... im sure it will need some small stuff done to it..
if it needs motor work im sure someone on here can help me out... mabey one of them M motors!!!

Offline conbread

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 05:51:56 AM »
well looks like im getting it!!! whooo hoooo...  should be here next week!!!! then im making some kx500 woods videos!!

Motorrad

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 05:56:34 AM »
well looks like im getting it!!! whooo hoooo...  should be here next week!!!! then im making some kx500 woods videos!!

did the guy say anythign about the motor?

Offline conbread

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 07:07:16 AM »
he didnt say alot about it.. said he has had it since he was 16.. and it doesnt have the team green clutch cover, but said it has a hinson basket and pressure plate.. he said he has dont the top end before, and is coming with a new hot rods crank and rod kit...

honestly i just like the tank wheels and pipe on the bike... ima change some of the stuff on it, if it ends up needing any motor work i was gonna see if you could help me on it..
 also its a 91... he said it is really nice, guess we will see soon... im getting it for $2300