Author Topic: Vibration Reduction  (Read 10974 times)

Offline suva57

Re: Vibration Reduction
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 05:47:27 AM »
Cheep option is to fill the bars with expanding foam.  Can shoot it in your frame as well.
This works great for a little while, after a short time the foam starts disintegrating and you're left with a mess and no vibe damping. Buy some flexx bars and take some midol (seriously).

Offline dave916

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 08:56:14 PM »
pull the flywheell cover and check the flywheel for up\down and SIDE movement  ,
U could even run the motor and visual watch the flywheel for movement 
if it moves up/down is usually a sign of  not trued withen spec  crank

The vibration and stress on bearings is not the only issue with a non trued crank, as is rotates it will be slightly changing in width [more than the clearance in the c3main bearings ]  which will force the main bearing spin\move sideways on the shaft, [common on the kx }

I think we should all be anal about about truning our cranks

maybe not your problem but worth a check as 50% of kx5 motor have spun bearing on crank, maybe i am really unlucky with kx5 motor :-D

Offline joko

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 04:03:04 PM »
 I had the carpel tunnelrelease surgury. I can ride for hours without any numbness. Careful with taking motrin or aspirin before you ride - it thins out your blood and a crash may lead to excessive internal bleeding, or at a minimum, a normal bruise turns into a big contusion. I have protapers with the fasstco inserts and liqued "bar snake" with spyder grips for max vibe reduction

Offline jgturbo

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 05:59:44 PM »
How about a custom flywheel that doubled as a vibration damper? Something like an inner hub, outer ring, and elastomer in between.

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 04:03:07 AM »
I'm with you on the cranks Dave.One thing that will help you loosen your grip is the clear grip stuff that you put on tank to help gripping with knees.Can't remember the brand name. On the subject of bar grip/arm pump, I have big hands, and have come to the conclusion that by making the grips thicker, it will be more comfortable and spread the load over a greater area. More on this shortly. K.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 08:03:55 AM »
and have come to the conclusion that by making the grips thicker, it will be more comfortable and spread the load over a greater area. More on this shortly. K.

I agree.For years I ran the Renthal light grey full diamond grips because I like the feel of the diamond.I recently switched to the Scott MX-SX 2's....they're a full diamond,and much thicker than the Renthals,thus easing the "grip" needed to hang on.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 09:42:53 PM »
Too bad this company is only into autos and not into big bore 2 strokes !

http://www.fluidampr.com/
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline weymouth399

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 02:20:34 AM »
On my FJ 1200 they have steel bar ends, vibranator is a company that sells a screw in bar end that is reducng bar vibrations. They do very nice work and they work well too.

On my KXs I just fill the bars with rubberized silicon in a tube, let dry before you put back together (it will expand). It's a cheap bar snake and alot easier to install.
And loosend my grip used larger grips for my big hands. Helped alot. The carpel tunnel oper was the best thing I did. No problems any more.

Bob W
93 KX500 ice bike for sale
00 KX 500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt
04 Kx 500 ice bike
08 KLX 450 on/off
72CT90x2 for sale
76LB80Chappy
86FJ1200
89FJ1200