Author Topic: engine id  (Read 5503 times)

Offline 86 500 lover

engine id
« on: April 14, 2011, 01:39:34 AM »
ryt been through varios sites and manuals and cant find my engine code anywhere can some1 plz help i thought the bike was an 86 but looking at other pics it seems its an 87 chassis possibly ???????????? anyway here are theengine numbers KX00BE004302

Offline Magnus

Re: engine id
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 02:26:36 AM »
According to this;  http://oem-cycle.com/KAWASAKIKX500BIKEID.aspx you are right, its an 87...
found the link somewhere on here when i was identifying my bike...

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 04:06:20 AM »
I'm getting ready to update that link with a whole bunch more interchange info.
I'm trying to get the majority of parts for the K5 to show all the years that each part will fit.
It's time consuming but the effort will be worth it in the end  8-)
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline 86 500 lover

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 09:11:47 PM »
 8-) cheers 4 that thatll be a great help

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 10:55:17 PM »
does this mean you dont love the 86 anymore :-P
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline cobbs

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 09:29:18 AM »
just wondering if any one could tell me how i ended up with some type of a factory race cylinder that some kawi race team used? I sent my cylinder to kustom kraft to have it sleeved (just my personal preference) and they called me back and told me they have never seen a kx500 cylinder like this before and there is no sleeve that will match my ports partly because their are two extra exhaust ports that dont exist on any other kx500 and then he strarted to tell me that its a very very rare factory team race cylinder hes says that with  confidence and certainty probably because he's seen over a hundred kx500 cylinders. So does anyone know were this cylinder came from or know anything about it?

Motorrad

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 11:26:51 AM »
Id like to see pics... If we cant sort it out.. no one can....    I have owned 2 team green CYL"s myself...     

And there is a mod some of us have done that involves 2 more intake ports.  :evil: