Author Topic: High tech mods we have been missing  (Read 3680 times)

Motorrad

High tech mods we have been missing
« on: November 29, 2011, 02:05:07 PM »
We all have missed the best mods ever to the bike...   this guy on Youtube (one of you??)  has found the best mods ever!    heck probably good for 20HP!

http://youtu.be/9F_17hQvH2k

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: High tech mods we have been missing
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 02:08:39 PM »
WTF!!!....not what I expected...humorous though.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline 1989kawasaki

• my 89 cr250
    • youtube
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 03:31:24 PM »
that vid was so jokes  :lol:
bikes

1977 RD400
1989 CR250
1988 CR500
1978 Z50
2009 Harley super glide custom

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 06:55:32 PM »
I see it every day  :lol:
I guess I better start taking more pics...
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline alward25

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 07:13:14 PM »
Always suprised to see more mods i never considered.
"Let there be light"

Motorrad

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 12:24:02 AM »
Always suprised to see more mods i never considered.

The full floating rear brake and Hub has to be good for atleast 5-10HP    Less rolling resistance ya know

Offline tcoop474

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 05:14:16 AM »
Definitely less resistance. I think if he put some bacon in the aluminum foil it smell great and in turn prolly get a few more HP out of it
86 k5 Pro Circuit Exhaust, bored .30 over all i know about it,
(restoration)
89 trx250r bored 68mm, Lrd exhaust, boyesen reeds, nacs graphics, k&n filter and more, currently under going complete rebuild.
87 trx250r bare frame (restoration)

Motorrad

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 12:11:10 PM »
Definitely less resistance. I think if he put some bacon in the aluminum foil it smell great and in turn prolly get a few more HP out of it

Funny.. the pipe part made me laugh..

back when I was racing my 87 K5...    durring one race the pipe broke... right where the stinger starts (under the side plastic)..    so I pulled into the pits... and only thing I had to fix it was... in the ice chest... I happend to have TALL guinness cans of beer...   so... since I refused to pour it on the ground..   I quickly drank 2 of them... cut the tops and bottoms off... slit in half... and wrapped the pipe with them... 2 hose clamps later... I finished the remainder of the 75miles of the race...   8-)

worked good enough I left it on there for 8 more months... (hard to find pipes for the 87)

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 04:02:31 AM »

Funny you sat this but they actually make a similar item to cook hot dogs or sausages : 8-)

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Dogger-Iv/dp/B0055DS7O8
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline NZ500

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 05:53:14 PM »

back when I was racing my 87 K5...    durring one race the pipe broke... right where the stinger starts (under the side plastic)..    so I pulled into the pits... and only thing I had to fix it was... in the ice chest... I happend to have TALL guinness cans of beer...   so... since I refused to pour it on the ground..   I quickly drank 2 of them... cut the tops and bottoms off... slit in half... and wrapped the pipe with them... 2 hose clamps later... I finished the remainder of the 75miles of the race...   8-)

worked good enough I left it on there for 8 more months... (hard to find pipes for the 87)

Haha. 75 miles of k5 riding and you managed to keep all that guinness down?

Offline don46

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 06:17:59 AM »

Funny you sat this but they actually make a similar item to cook hot dogs or sausages : 8-)

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Dogger-Iv/dp/B0055DS7O8

I prefer the muff pot to the hot dogger, muff pot Stainless steel, hot dogger AL, it turns my burritos black from the AL
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline andydunne

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 06:36:50 AM »

Haha Guinness the solution to all of lifes problems :-D